Oshiego-kun to wa Dekimasen - Vol. 1 Ch. 1

Dex-chan lover
I like this kind of age-gap relationship setup, too-- the "revenge of the former shota"-type deal.

But someone like her never even having a boyfriend, by age 35? Putting aside that this is clearly a gag manga? She was either waiting, herself, she's not counting all her encounters with men, or she's so ultra-neurotic that her positives can't outweigh that.

18 and 35 ... a 17 year difference. Sure, the guy's legal now, but you can't help but be slightly concerned, and of course this would never fly if the genders were reversed.
"You"? You talking about the Wii "You"?

My dude there are tons of couple with 15+ years difference, hell several of my friends' parents are.

Who. cares. As long as both of them are consenting adults.
"but muh difference in life experience"

I'm sure if the genders were reversed in this manga, the reception here wouldn't be as positive as how it is now.
Shiota-sensei to Amai-chan is pretty well received among MangaDex users, and the heroine is still a high school student and is in an active relationship with her homeroom teacher.

Shoot, Kodomo no Jikan is well received among MangaDex users, and the heroine starts out being eight, and only becomes 16 by the penultimate chapter. One user even dubbed it "the Evangelion of cunny".

Wow, they have the same Bayesian average rating of 8.43 (as of this post), too...

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
18 and 35 ... a 17 year difference. Sure, the guy's legal now, but you can't help but be slightly concerned, and of course this would never fly if the genders were reversed.
yeah usually I'm iffy about that shit, least until they're past a little bit of their early 20's at that point they've lived life enough were I'm like "who cares at that point, they're grown enough"

Dex-chan lover
I'm sure if the genders were reversed in this manga, the reception here wouldn't be as positive as how it is now.
I'd have the same thoughts tbh, regardless of gender. Usually people who are 18 aren't the brightest when it comes to shit like this.

Dex-chan lover
My dude there are tons of couple with 15+ years difference, hell several of my friends' parents are.

Who. cares. As long as both of them are consenting adults.
I care a little. Usually once they're past like 21-23 I don't care.
They've lived life enough to where I can't say they're still young and stupid.

Dex-chan lover
I'd have the same thoughts tbh, regardless of gender. Usually people who are 18 aren't the brightest when it comes to shit like this.
We live in a society where an 18 year old can consent to be subjected to all manner of sex/"sex" acts with someone double their age in front of a camera for money...

...but it's only when two people of the same ages are in a generally intimate relationship that controversy over their ages occurs.

(Also, 21-23 year olds have much capacity to be plenty stupid and unworldly. Might as well up your minimum to 25. And even then...)

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I care a little. Usually once they're past like 21-23 I don't care.
They've lived life enough to where I can't say they're still young and stupid.
Oh please, spare me this bs. You don't magically grown into "rational adult" the moment you turn 21 y.o. There is barely any differences between a 18-20 y.o and a 21-23 y.o. Most people don't change much during college and even after college.

Dex-chan lover
Good point. Im interested in the reality of it now.
if your curious its bacially bc of biology, females after 30-35 would have more difficult time getting pregnant and in the case that they do get pregnant it becomes more dangerous for them too

Dex-chan lover
Bro has to hear absolutely everything with those ears.

faEYN0v.png

Dex-chan lover
if your curious its bacially bc of biology, females after 30-35 would have more difficult time getting pregnant and in the case that they do get pregnant it becomes more dangerous for them too
I was originally wondering about the statistic of how common or rare older woman-younger man couples are. But thats interesting to know that woman struggle for pregnancy in that age.

Dex-chan lover
Kids just so you know. This is not how happy marriages happen IRL :smugchisato:

⚠️ Don’t do this at home. 30+ roasties will eat out your soul with a spoon. All the stunts were performed by professional manga artists ⚠️

Dex-chan lover
I mean yeah, that tends to be the case with most of the genders were reversed scenarios. You know, people actually realize how bad grooming is only when a guy does it.

Dex-chan lover
Wait, she ordered a bra? Think of the oversized shipping costs!

Regarding the age gap: In the terms provided by the author, it doesn't look like the boy was groomed. I don't think it's easy to sustain a relationship with a guy who hasn't entered the workforce yet, but I don't think it's impossible or categorically wrong. The 18-year-old is still in the phase where he has to get into relationships and fail at them, so he learns how to make them work. And the 35-year-old has been too busy working to have gotten into any relationships, so she's not going to be much help.

That said the author wants to write an age-gap story, so reality be damned. We'll see how this one stacks up against "The one you like isn't my daughter, but me?" (Which is pretty sweet and harmless) or "The Season of Alabaster" (Which is very good, while knowingly pushes boundaries.)

Fed-Kun's army
Thanks for the Scan!

Well, that's certainly a way to start a series, and end the first chapter on. Reading a new age-gap manga is always interesting so lets see how it goes
I like this kind of age-gap relationship setup, too-- the "revenge of the former shota"-type deal.

But someone like her never even having a boyfriend, by age 35? Putting aside that this is clearly a gag manga? She was either waiting, herself, she's not counting all her encounters with men, or she's so ultra-neurotic that her positives can't outweigh that.
Thinks its more off she went on dates, but never found the person, or from how her room looks like and the fact she was kinda lamenting while drunk, maybe none of the men found chemistry with her, and I don't mean that in a physical sense. Maybe they didn't like her personality, cause she might have flaws we might not have seen yet.

Users who are viewing this thread