Oshimai - Vol. 1 Ch. 17 - Fumio and Masashi

Dex-chan lover
I did not expect anything that just happened. I thought it was just gonna be like that other oneshot where the ugly bastard gets a love potion but ends up going through self-improvement because of it

Fed-Kun's army
@CursedLight You took 10 min to edit your comment and still stuck with that formatting, really? I got the joke and I said as much. It just wasn't funny, wasn't significant enough to make this comedy, and wasn't relevant to my original point, as I already explained.

@mommunism
"I got the joke and I said as much."
"one half-assed joke in the premise doesn't make it comedy."
Choose 1.

The main joke goes from pg 1 to 7 (out of 9), tf do you mean by "in the premise" ?

"It just wasn't funny, wasn't significant enough to make this comedy,"
"this whole story was dedicated to 1 joke but it isn't comedy" Lol sure.

"and wasn't relevant to my original point, as I already explained."
And that explanation sucked.
Basically is "yeah but EVEN IF, my argument is still right because it StIlL CaN." Yes "it can". Doesn't mean it automatically is.
You're welcome to show any evidence that it's self-insert. Until you have, it isn't.

Dex-chan lover
@mommunism
3ibryn.png

Fed-Kun's army
@CursedLight A premise is a base/foundation for something. The fact that the joke takes 7 of 9 pages to tell is evidence that the joke IS in the premise for the story, not that it isn't. And no, it being part of the premise does not make the manga comedy. If the vending machine isekai manga took itself seriously aside from the joke given away by the title, it would not be comedy. The length of the joke doesn't make it funnier. Lastly, my previous explanation was about why your counterpoint is irrelevant, not why mine was correct. One of those was maybe worth my time, the other was (and is) far from it. If I say "Moon = cheese" and someone else says "but it's white," I'm not going to delve into my own argument. I'm going to explain why theirs doesn't matter. It's not complicated. I'm getting less and less interested in this shitty oneshot by the hour and this is my last reply. Bye.

@mommunism
"A premise is a base/foundation for something"
And the premise of this story is page 1 : 2 boys find weird goggles on the street. Is the joke in the premise? No. It starts in it but it doesn't end in it.

"And no, it being part of the premise does not make the manga comedy."
*being part of almost the entire story. I do wonder if english is your 1st language, since you seem to have a problem with "premise"

"If the vending machine isekai manga took itself seriously aside from the joke given away by the title, it would not be comedy."
Again demonstrating that you didn't get it.
Repeat after me : It wasn't serious at any point. I need to remove that stick out of my ass.
Repeat until you get it.

"If I say "Moon = cheese" and someone else says "but it's white," I'm not going to delve into my own argument."
Except in this case, "but it's a joke" is relevant.

"I'm going to explain why theirs doesn't matter."
And as i said, it sucked. And i explained why it sucked. Didn't read me, did you ?

"I'm getting less and less interested in this shitty oneshot by the hour and this is my last reply. Bye."
Hopefully you'll get that stick out of your ass the next time you comment :/

Really liked this oneshot.
Because just a little earlier i read
https://mangadex.org/title/45943/story-about-trying-to-do-lewd-stuff-with-love-medicine

The thing is that both mainly jokes that MC gets something illegal, get hot so they can use the illegal thing, but as MC gets hot they become popular and defacto don't need to use the illegal item anymore.

Skimmed among the comments and kinda don't understand how people didn't like it.
Ah but there is indeed something worth complaining. That is the NTR joke at the same time as the end. Took me 2-3s to click in my brain and it is indeed kinda not likeable. Surely more people would like it without it
Even though it's kinda logical the friend should be happy as he would never get nude pics of his crush without MC. But the problem is that humans are emotional creatures and the friend (futurely) getting fuck picks of his crush = NTR = dislike for readers.

Also i want to send a thumb up for you CursedLight for trying to defend this oneshot. Because this oneshot is worth it. Minus the NTR joke.

Tadataka at this again. Nice.
The saddest part of this manga isn't the ending, it's the fact that someone is pathetic enough to write such a mediocre fantasy of their school days in the first place. "Getting hot and fucking every girl in class" is the type of dream you'll only hear from the abused kids in elementary school who are so starved for affection that they can't imagine any nuance to it. It's less surprising coming from this author, but genuinely, I don't think I could write a story more indicative of insecurity if I tried.
That some coping, lmao.
Bro, not every single joke in the world directly related to author (there is such thing as imagination, ok?), and even if is - that's not a reason to not make said joke.
Actually, when people themself can make humour out of their not so pleasant experience - that's only props to them. It shows anything but the insecurity. You on another hand... 😅

BCS

Dex-chan lover
Double twist, nice.

The saddest part of this manga isn't the ending, it's the fact that someone is pathetic enough to write such a mediocre fantasy of their school days in the first place. "Getting hot and fucking every girl in class" is the type of dream you'll only hear from the abused kids in elementary school who are so starved for affection that they can't imagine any nuance to it.

What's really funny is that most seinen romance is basically the same thing, but without the self-improvement part

Dex-chan lover
page 3 :

- i cant put the glasses on in the classroom .
- then just go to a public park , or watch girls through a window or something .

panel 4 : on his necklace is the kanji 死 = death .

page 4 , panel 4 : he is probably stretching his leg , or training his leg muscle .

page 8 : actually , it is very hard to use your right hand to write pretty letters on your chest .

Double-page supporter
@daywithoutgames
> page 4 , panel 4 : he is probably stretching his leg , or training his leg muscle .

He's getting his leg lengthened surgically -> it involves deliberately breaking your leg and setting the broken bone slightly apart so that new bone would grow to fill the gap. after it heals, you break it again... and again... until you reach the desired length...

Users who are viewing this thread