Ossan Boukensha Kane no Zenkou - Vol. 4 Ch. 14 - I want to be Altena's Strength

Dex-chan lover
I think Kane is my fav MC he's thoughtful, kind, pure, generous, and always willing to what right. Perfectly fits my definition of a True Hero. Most heroes these days fit the Blooming Rose Maidans. Very powerful but a ditz who leaves huge messes, or so pure and good and devoted but blind, single-minded, passive. Then there the Pragmatic one very competent and does good but too cold sometimes, appearing almost villainous and bends the meaning of Hero.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, I know that sometimes things like this seem a lot more obvious to readers than it would to the characters in the story, but man I'm amazed that he apparently forgot who she is so quickly. Not like she was hiding her appearance in her old form after he saved her or someting.

Wut do they mean mysterius girl every1 knows thats the evil god kane named are they that stupid does the author realy think we dont know who that is

Contributor
@Salfaro @ MrFakOff I think Kane was only able to perceive her as the Evil God due to Altena being with him the whole time, now that she's weaker Kane can only make out the child-like appearance and not the massive amount of god-energy behind it.

Dex-chan lover
@Lazyxbum
Well, Noirchan *is* the evil goddess https://mangadex.org/chapter/823028/41

The part with the Miasma towards Tetra was just her getting ready to defend her savior. She withdrew her power the milisecond Kane introduced Tetra.

Dex-chan lover
@HDMI1 Right, but I mean that Kane saw her little girl version too, once he purified her. So he shouldn't need to recognize the miasma, she looks the same, only now she actually has clothes.

Dex-chan lover
@davefebrian:
You are almost right.
The girl is a spirit type of being who due to being treated really cruelly during life and curses gathered around her or so turned into the "evil god".

The "evil god" is a spirit type being that drew in and gathered all the negative emotions and as such negative energy in form of miasma from a large area (maybe even like from all around the world).
Due to all those negative emotions and energy that spirit transformed into a monstrous appearance in the eyes of anyone who looked at it and as such the spirit became feared as the "evil god".
This in turn strengthened the cycle of drawing in negative emotions and energy even more because everyone showed "fear" and "hatred" towards the spirit when they perceived it as the "evil god" - even moreso the heroes who intended to "slay the evil god for the good of the world".

When Kane encountered the "evil god" he was the first and only person who heard the poor spirit's cry of loneliness and sadness and its wish to be freed from that dark abyss.
That is why he tried to save it instead of slaying it.
With the help of the "goddess of kindness" Altena (who was originally his childhood friend before dying in the mountains when they were younger) Kane somehow "purified" the "evil god".
But that "purification" was only partially successful and the result is that the "evil god" was able to return to its original appearance - which is that black haired girl who Kane named "Noir".

However the spirit still has a huge amount of those negative emotions and energies gathered within it/her and also probably still has the effect of drawing in the negative emotions and energies from around the world.
So she might turn back into the "evil god" if this is not solved.
Furthermore the demon king's plans probably center around gathering negative energies even faster and hasten that process of "awakening the evil god".

And that is most likely the reason why Noir asks Kane to save her because she does not want to turn back into the "evil god".

Aggregator gang
This manga has been great so far but how the fuck does he not remember
that Noir is the "evil god"?

Dex-chan lover
@Paladin_T I thinks because of how she looked when he saved her. She wasn’t as cleaned up as she is now and was covered in the miasma that doesn’t show up when she’s around him.

Double-page supporter
If you think it again, Cain was the one who mistook the 'nameless god' as a lost child. So it's understandable to make a mistake if the goddess you knew has many limit while Noir can walk freely on the surface.

This is was only my opinion
I think Noir was not the evil god, because she was already been purified by Cain before.
Looking at the clue and her plea, Noir was chosen as one of the best candidate to become a proxy or sacrifice for the evil god revival.
And as you can see by Tetra reaction, after so long worshipped by monster, Noir now was holding a power that far greater than a demon king itself.
By following that we can now see why Fornest was sent to get Tetra back as well killing Cain, the main mission.

Anyway, Tetra got head patted. That's the main course. 😍

Dex-chan lover
I feel like reading a fantasy Jesus saving the world with love and forgiveness.

Dex-chan lover
Guys I’m pretty sure this guy already won. His entourage now includes: A goddess childhood friend; the heroes party (with 2/3 in is harem and the other a nice tag on); the evil god every main villain HAS to use for any chance at success; A former demon lord’s General (I forgot her exact title in the army); the local noble in charge; the entire freaking town; all of the adventures in the entire freaking town. If he wanted he could overturn the entire nation and make Altena the new patron goddess (actually the whole world depending on how fast they could travel)

Dex-chan lover
eh kane wtf her appearance still same yet u didn't recognize her?

Double-page supporter
@Fortis99 hahahaha I feel you man, reading this manga feel like I'm reading a new fantasy bible version.

Thank you for the translation sir.

Dex-chan lover
*fluffing Tetra ears
wholesomeness restored
demonic child comes back
woa shit wtf where that loli gone to all this time

Users who are viewing this thread