Otaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii - Vol. 9 Ch. 66

Fed-Kun's army
aw
also why the fuck is this comment section about gender pronouns again
literally every chapter with kou in it has this dumb ass bullshit in the comments
..still calling her 'they' is fucking dumb, I know the TL wants to play safe but fuck it's just a short haired girl, doesn't mean shes gonna get triggered if you call her she, fuck's sake

*About the gender thing*
Kou identifies as a girl = true
At the beginning Nao misgenders Kou because she looks like a guy = true

BUT ALSO

When Nao corrects himself, Kou panics and TELLS HIM to better not refer to her as female, so Nao and Co stick to referring to her as They/Them, the chapter is from Nao's POV, so obviously his inner monologue also uses They/Them

I think this is actually an important part of their future relationship development, probably the moment when Nao starts referring to her as She/Her and Kou doesn't run away from it will be an important scene later on

@safire13 When Nao corrects himself, Kou panics and TELLS HIM to better not refer to her as female, so Nao and Co stick to referring to her as They/Them, the chapter is from Nao's POV, so obviously his inner monologue also uses They/Them

what chapter is it were she tells him its better to not to refer to her as her? from what ive seen they just clear the misunderstanding and continue on in the friend ship. are you projecting something in the story with out realizing it? I dont speak or read Japanese so all i can rely on are the translations but as it stands the way they is used in this chapter it doesn't fit. any time after he realizes his mistake he calls Kou she/her. now this could be because different translators doing the work, but a 1 to 1 translation is what you should be going for. if a translation dosent fit as in with a suffix use it in the translation and add a * with an explanation at the end or a TL note in the margin so we can understand better.

Yes, finally! Nao's realizing!💕

Thanks very much for the update 😊!

If you guys are referring to Kou being flustered when they called her Kou-chan, "-chan" isn't just used for girls. It's an endearment of sort. It's not about gender or something. Probably she's just not used to people calling her with that endearment. "-Kun" can also be used for girls, especially in a work setting. I don't understand why people are making this about gender pronoun because it's not about that. Suffixes like kun, chan, and san are all gender-neutral.

Im still confused about this they them shit. I didnt know till recently that there are males that doesnt want to be called he and girls she. I cant believe how the whole world became retarded since vegans started to act like stupid ppl. Idk tbh why ppl get mad at it. Like im talking with one girl on internet. And an average english speaker from a non english country,i said she likes and she git mad at me. Whats the fuss? Can anyone tell me?whats the reason like they like making a sentance about her or him eith them is retarded. Especially to someone from balkan where ppl are stupid but not on this lvl. I would understand a girl or a boy acting oposite gender so for example a girl likes being called he,cause she has a same hairstyle,same outfit,tries to look the same pronoun. BUT WHY THEY? better use we so we can joke to u we woos,yeah we woo,we woo

Double-page supporter
Reminder that Kou is a woman who identifies as a women and uses feminine pronouns. The gender-neutral pronouns are a translator error/poor choice. I'm a staunch supporter of using they/them pronouns when appropriate, and it isn't appropriate to use them for a cisgender woman. Her pronouns are feminine. The official release gets this correctly.

That mistake aside, good work! And thanks as always for the chapters ^_^

I find it kinda insulting to the character that translators would choose to keep a neutral pronoun because other characters mistook her for a guy before. It's basically saying that she can't be referred to as a girl because of her "boyish" appearance. There's nothing in the character itself that suggests ambiguity.

Woah, neutral pronouns. yay! But it somehow felt odd to use them for Kou... I know Japanese use neutral pronouns, but still.

Dear Translater please stop using "theyt/them". Kou is a woman and she identifies herself as woman. She just feels more comfortable in maniesh clothes.
In my native language we don't make any diffrence between man or woman. We use the same word for he and she too. (And usually we don't need to use that word cause my native langue uses conjugation.)
So this whole they/them thing just makes me counfused.

I learnd Japanese in University and I know they have much word for "I" but the Japanese people not as much into gender stuff like western people.

Users who are viewing this thread