Otaku ni Yasashii Gal wa Inai!? - Vol. 4 Ch. 29 - Otaku & Gyaru & Firework Rumors

Dex-chan lover
Ah, thats nice. And now this settles it, i don't think this series is gonna have romance in it.
It started out well but yeah, it's hit the phase that every romance series with a love triangle inevitably hits where the author refuses to do anything more than micro advancement and fakeouts while never making a decision both because baiting out a love triangle is a lazy and easy way to keep readers hooked and because they're too worried about pissing off fans of one or the other ship.

So I'm fully expecting it to tread water and repeat the same beats until the end when Otaku either half-assedly hooks up with one of them (probably Amane since she's clearly intended as the "main" girl insomuch as one exists in this series), the author pulls the ultimate coward's move and gives it an open-ended non-ending or they split the difference and make multiple endings so "everyone is happy" (another coward's move).

Group Leader
Lets be real here, it was more about shonen action and 4d chess(and humor was light, but with taste), the harem was more of a sidedish(even if a good one).
Side romance is always way better than a story focusing on it, in my honest opinion. At least we can enjoy a good plot with a slowly developing romance

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter

This was a good chapter as i remember, though for me would've been alot more satisfying if i wasn't up to date with the raws lol

Dex-chan lover
This is honestly much more progression than I thought.

And I don't get how people were immediately expecting a serious confession or immediately jumping to romance.

This is a lot of character growth, progress, and a promise of more interactions no matter what. Which was NOT a given considering the characters we have here. What else were you expecting?

This is great, I can't wait for more.

Dex-chan lover
I feel that our MC has way more chemistry with Ijichi then Amane.

But here, I can see that our little group is afraid of uprooting their happy little paradigm. (and honestly, who can blame them) But somethings are going to change in the future. As much as I would like to see the harem route, I fear one girl is going to have to lose, something that both girls are fully aware of.

Dex-chan lover
Ah, thats nice. And now this settles it, i don't think this series is gonna have romance in it.
Why not? What IF the author is actually a chad and goes for polygamy? It's 2024, we can accept anything, even a manga where the mcs end up in a three-way relationship. As long as they are okay and happy with it, let them.
Is it extreme fantasy? Yes. Is it just my opinion? Obviously. Is it highly improbable in a irl situation? You betcha! But does it matter? Hell no, lol.
If the three of them are perfect together, let them...even in a relationship.
Interesting. If this one doesn't end with the classic "and their teenage life wil go on happily with no confirmation of anyone getting together", we might actually be headed for a threesome if the author pushes the romance button.

But the author might also just keep it on a teasing level, or end it with the coward's ending.
I sure hope author is bold enough to middle finger the common sense and power through with the three-way love

Users who are viewing this thread