Otome Danshi ni Koisuru Otome

I dont know if kirara made a gæ manga too https://mangadex.org/title/11682/satsuki-complex but unfortunately nobody continue translate tiz

Aggregator gang
I dropped it around ch30 because it was too slow for me (kind of like tomo-chan), but now there are 400+ chapters, is this worth to read?

Aaaaaand here comes the rain. Because we need rain to make sure everyone knows to be sad.

Dex-chan lover
Has there actually been significant romantic developments so far? Like kissing and the like?

Power Uploader
@undercurses the little witch manga is very old, and also completed. But the mangaka is working in The Necromancer Maid and a twitter story about Assassins.

Aggregator gang
This is so weird... I mean I'm glad he's respectful and all and i don't hate people who crossdress time to time but he's like giving up his dignity as a man. So idk I'm confused as well

Dex-chan lover
manga on break until 10/1, Oct 1st, latest chapter being 494, well this been happening for a while anyway, author just do like 13-15 chapters/pages a month now then break, probably because got more projects now lol

Group Leader
I love how this manga rattles off things that are usually big in normal romance manga as nothing but then focuses on the reactions and the relationship afterwards.

Power Uploader
It has to be said though: as much as I appreciate the message of freedom and especially liked Yuuki's backstory, I feel the whole thing of trying to actually "pass as female" all the time completely destroys the freedom aspect and makes it about conformance again.

If it were truly about freedom, a male would just wear a dress or thatever he wants without worrying about trying to most closely resemble a female stereotype in movement and voice; he'd be fine with being a male in a dress. It'd also be less of an all-or-nothing thing, but mix and matching more.

That having been said I really liked Yuuki's backstory, and also that it made it not only about gender-coded clothing but also about the hair, and I loved how his grandparent recognized him.

Group Leader
@trapsarebetter
If it were truly about freedom, a male would just wear a dress or thatever he wants
But the character wants to closely resemble a female stereotype in movement and voice. Your definition of freedom =/= Their idea of freedom.

he'd be fine with being a male in a dress
He is fine being a male in a dress. It's shown multiple times he's fine with it.

just because what you see as conforming to a standard is equivalent to someone wanting to do something does not mean they are conforming to a standard. Like getting a job and earning your own money versus buying a gun and robbing a bank. I'm not being forced or act unquestioningly to get a job, I want to get a job. I want to earn money. I do not care about the standards or how people expect me to behave, I care that I am able to earn money from my own actions. It just so happens that there is a coincidence between what I want to do and what people expect me to do.

And conforming isn't bad, we do it every day in our lives. It always has the connotation of being negative.

Users who are viewing this thread