Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shite shimatta...

@Asta

I don't know what to tell you man. Personally, this is like one of my most favorite mangas I am following. I picked it up because of Mangadex's high score and very find myself in agreement with the score.

At the same time, I recognize your logic. Completely share the view that a good writing shines through no matter the premise. I also share your view that there's a (up to a certain extent) exists a "universiality" to something be quality that it is quality - rather than everything being someone's "subjective taste".

But I do view this series as doing a great job in execution. At the same time, I can recognize the examples of things that usually detract from a work. I can't say Katarina is an exemplar of character development. Nor really does any nuances in changes in personalities of the characters. Basically the makers brought up of being good fiction.

But yet, I still like it. Not just like it, but one of my favorites. I think the key differences is our differences in "buy in" of the characters with a critical element facilitated by comedy and characterization. But it sounds like you were not amused by Katarina's enthusiasm and antics. For me, her crazy actions like the axe scene, the tree climbing contest, being called out of her eating plan, the logical yet still dense analysis of the situations are enough to buy in the story and the character. And with that, to buy in the surrounding characters. But it sounds like you didn't. I think that's what makes the difference.

I wonder if this means you'll more of a fan of another series - Honzuki no Gekokujou (Ascendance of a Bookworm). An isekai following a girl that is comical but going as a much slower pace between her and the characters round her.

See these are some of my favorite mangas, they are funny, light hearted, and don't need much edge or romance too it. The story is driven by a madman protagonist trying to just survive and life there lives, but in doing so result in some of the best shenanigans. Like with the LN of Death March, he was OP, but I found the most joy in his fucking abuse of common-sense chan and then trying to play it off like it wasnt him. Or the manga, I guess I'm a spider now. Her quest for tasty food and life could have gone the same way as other edge manga, but her bubble personality and the art still rip you away from the mentality that she is thriving in and after game dungeon.

Dex-chan lover
Damn this is good. The description didn’t appeal to me but I’m glad I tried reading it.

Group Leader
I apsolutely love this manga! Cant wait for more ?
Edit#1: finally read the novel and it is amazing! Cant wait for the manga releases for it

Katarina is still as dense (very!)
Andrew kisses her but she still is dense asf D;

If you're anything like me, the description, tags and cover didn't appeal to you and you came to the comment section just to make sure if you should give this manga a try. Well you can rest assured, this one is totally worth the time. It's not often we come by a manga so outside the formula that still manages to be so easy going and entertaining. It feels like the story will be short, but I hope it'll go on for a long while.

Bakarina is a blackhole!!! This is tooo damn funny!! I can never look at a vegetable field / tree the same way ever again!!! ???

Dex-chan lover
So, I got to the last page of the last chapter, and I screamed...
vader.jpg

And then I cried...
MuCe8gTn.gif

Fed-Kun's army
That feel when you type Bakarina in search engine on Mangadex and you get just the right result xD

Group Leader
DAMMIT! I hate cliffhanger-kun.... I dun wanna wait til November....

Dex-chan lover
The president's dark route?
That or the Yuri route with the "rival" (herself)...

Wow. That is some clunky foreshadowing. Definitely handled better in the LN.

Group Leader
I love this genius story! I can hardly wait for the next chapter.

Group Leader
yay new update!! Too bad I already read the novel ? But I’ll follow the manga for the imagery

Contributor
I want more. You can do it procrastination scans. Btw thnx for new chapter

Users who are viewing this thread