Otome Kaijuu Caramelize - Vol. 3 Ch. 16 - Beware! Evil Lying Mushroom

Dex-chan lover
LOOOL
I could saw that complaint about the memes from miles away
you do you translators, you do you
it's not even comparable to the funimation one, this one is funny

Group Leader
@cumdumpster1 translate it yourself then, if the adding of one little line that doesn't actually change the meaning of the text is too much for you. The character wasn't modified to say something completely different from the original like the Kobayashi situation, and you're getting the chapter for free anyways, so why should you care, you ungrateful little clout chaser? You probably can't even read Japanese anyways.

@ascriptmaster
The character wasn't modified to say something completely different from the original
But she was modified. You admitted it in the credits page. One line changes alot. You're painting an inaccurate picture of her character. Translating does not mean rewriting the story.

Dex-chan lover
@cumdumpster1 I don't know how they get away with shit like that. I don't think I've ever seen feminist propaganda in anime or manga before. Though it ain't like the translators/writers don't change a fuck load when translating making it much worse usually. Makes me kinda wish I gave a shit to learn moon rune and what not

It's almost like the original itself has nuance to the language being expressed too! Do you really think that when we say "boasts" in the credits is as flat as that sounds?? I'm glad asc took the time to even make something that relays the language to human levels even if it takes a more "fun loose" approach as opposed to the usual machine TLs posted on this site daily . It's amazing that language doesn't amount to fucking flat computer speech you actual baboons.

そのため、Fuck off.

@DjDrake8
But it was a bad translation. I dont see mtl rewriting stories. You know, mtl are bad but atleast its translated and not rewritten. People come to read the authors story,not yours.

Dex-chan lover
Gotta agree that this subplot wasn't really well made, the guy was shallow through and through, and pretty much had no lasting consequences. No one really learned anything, other than the gorilla.
And as a guy, I have to admit, I was really sympathizing with the playboy there. <_< Make-up really is scary like that. It almost makes me feel like the playboy's level of shitty deception, is on par with the gorilla's physical deception.
Man, that reminds me of these stories in which husbands divorce their wives days after their marriage, after their makeup washed up.
3w.jpg

@Liquidxlax
Are you actually supporting a cumdumpster?

Dex-chan lover
With all that said and done, this girl will never get over her fetish 😆
20201019-163256.png

I for one don't mind the single meme line in a 30+ page release. It only gets annoying when the entire release is full of them without regard. In story I wouldn't see it as super weird for gorilla girl to say that line. It's like getting upset when translators change puns to one's that work better in English or change proverbs to more well known English ones.

If people are actually that super bothered by a single line change that still conveys what the character was trying to say then stop reading fantranslations and translate it yourself from Japanese.

Anyway, thank you translator for still sticking with this series and putting out a nice release, even continuing past it being licensed when many others would just drop.

Users who are viewing this thread