Otomege Sekai wa Mob ni Kibishii Sekai desu - Ch. 64 - Reality of the Kingdom

Dex-chan lover
MYLENE-SAMA!!!!

SJEsVc8.jpg

Dex-chan lover
I'm no feminist, but this reasoning they have for weakening the nobles is incredibly sexist and rather offensive. It basically hinges on women being less capable at politics and power plays than men (which is flat out wrong) and how this would cause the power of the noble class to diminish. Maybe in wartime, yes, as it is still the men who fight in wars and hold the military power. But in peacetime, this makes zero sense.

...or I'm totally misunderstanding something, because sadly the chapter's explanation was incredibly badly phrased and I could only gather the above from the comments here.
i get where you're coming from, but it's not that they think the women are weak and dumb, it's more of the one that got trapped in the spiral of downfall are the nobles that mylene herself mentioned, power hungry and kept building up power thinking that they can take over the capital and their generations, it's basically carried over even when the power balance shifted, but instead of power hungry dudes, it ended up with a lot of those women from said families living lavish life instead

but it's also shown in this series, not all the families are dumb, matter of fact, some major nobles in the series shown that they kind of know what the royal family are trying to do and abide by their duties (those that are loyal though), so much so it's shown with characters like angelica or the noble girl with the drill, which the academy also helps filter out those families, so it basically didn't matter whether it's the dudes or the girls in the end

MD@Home
That would be true if only the academy (run by the royals, mind you) was a place where they teach anything like politics and power plays.

Rather, it was a brainwashing camp where they gathered the noble's children and drilled into their young impressionable brains the intended mindset.
But as @equationx also mentions above, this "brainwashing" plan did not require any shift in power between the sexes. They could have "reeducated" the male heirs just as easily at the academy, and thus have the nobility spiral into decadence.

Fed-Kun's army
I actually found this explanation pretty interesting and reasonable, even if it's not perfect, so I'll give a shot at explaining it.

That was too many words for something so contrived. Is there any TL;DR?
Basically, some time ago the Kingdom had a serious issues with Barons/Lords of their own nation either withdrawing or full on attacking the capital. This was due to how easy it was for those in possession of flying crystals to make airships. Being cheap to build and maintain, anyone who had access to the crystals suddenly had a massive spike in their military power. The Kingdom, being in a static location, could only react to said Barons/Lords when they were attacked, putting them at a disadvantage since they couldn't exactly pre-emptively shut down every Baron/Lord.

They then came up with a plan to slowly weaken these Barons/Lords firstly by shifting the power structure towards women (I would assume most, if not all of the Barons/Lords were men) and secondly by creating the academy to accrue talent + insulate power and influence. If all the elite's children are at the Kingdom, it makes it harder to attack for a number of reasons and the Kingdom becomes more powerful to boot. It's a win-win for them.

The ultimate goal of this was to slowly weaken the Baronies and Nobility over time, then replace them with trained + educated commoners raised under the ideals of the Kingdom. Any Nobles that were worth their salt could remain, and the rest would be purged.

This plan got twisted along the way, leading to the state the Kingdom is in now.

I'm no feminist, but this reasoning they have for weakening the nobles is incredibly sexist and rather offensive. It basically hinges on women being less capable at politics and power plays than men (which is flat out wrong) and how this would cause the power of the noble class to diminish. Maybe in wartime, yes, as it is still the men who fight in wars and hold the military power. But in peacetime, this makes zero sense.

...or I'm totally misunderstanding something, because sadly the chapter's explanation was incredibly badly phrased and I could only gather the above from the comments here.
I don't think that was the intention in my opinion. I think that in the setting the positions with the most power (specifically military) were almost exclusively held by men, and the Kingdom had a problem with these men wreaking chaos and havoc internally while the Kingdom still had outside enemies who really, really don't like them. The shift of "power" from men to women was one of the methods they used to try and consolidate everything until they could "fix" said problem at a later date. It wasn't supposed to get this out of control.

You may have a point relating to the peacetime political atmosphere, but we haven't really gotten that much in the way of how that's worked in the story since this is a setting that's intentionally more outlandish in premise.

It's definitely all a bit silly and fantastical, but I don't think the intent was "men are too competent, so let's give the power to those stupid women instead haw haw". At least that's how I look at it.

Dex-chan lover
I... kinda understood that, but I have a strong feeling they don't. They focused on controlling the nobles in the short term but really just hastened the fall of Rome. The people with power and influence are even more self centered and quick to hop sides based on whose most likely to win and gives them the most promise. They just BARELY made it through this war because of literal hax abilities and realistically (going off this not being a game and the MC not being there), not even the royal ship would have saved them.

I get the end goal is for the commoners to replace the nobles, but that still leaves a massive power vacuum that takes a lot of time and work to overcome (and nothing in the plan suggested how they'd deal with that). Also once the commoners replace the nobles it's just a game of hop skotch for the commoners to decide they don't need royals either. But I'm not even sure they'll get to that point. Above all else a nation state needs a strong sense of loyalty, pride, and nationalism. You need people that care about the state and are willing to give for it... and like... whose that?

The plan made most of the nobles selfish and shifted the power balance to women who just squander resources not unlike the Roman collesum days when all the people didn't care about Rome, just about entertaining themselves. The commoners haven't exactly been empowered or treated the way they'd need to be to instill a real sense of duty and loyalty. The non terrible nobles we just got told are only not terrible because they expect the royals to kill for the terrible ones.

TLDR: Past and present Royals and Nobles are dumb, even when they try to "fix" it, they just create new problems that they pretend not to see and sweep it under the rug... Until it blows in their faces.
So not too much different than modern day politicians 🙄

Dex-chan lover
So they undermined their own nobility (with a ridiculous plan only possible in fantasy) which is also the military strenght of the kingdom so when they are attacked, they had nothing to defend themselfs and even worse, they had turncoats among them (understandibly). If Leon wasn't there everyone would be fucked. So i assume they will immediately cancel this plan yes? Considering he is neither willing nor obligated to save their ass every time?

Also, i agree that this whole thing paint woman as excessively vain and with zero political ambition who would pose absolutely no threat to royalty even with the whole power consolidated on them.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover

Yh no the exposition dump this chapter was awfully delivered.

From what I understand it is sexist and that's partly the point because this mirrors traditional western feudalism which was sexist (culture was). The goal was to weaken the nobles so they'd stop trying to weaken the royals. So they transfered power from the men to the women while maintaing the same cultural norms (men go off to war and do all the labor while women are essentially set pieces focused on high society and other superficial things).

I think, from what I got, the main number one reason was to flip the rules of the value on their head. Supply and demand as cold as that is still works for human resources. Men were still (and they maintained this norm) the ones that risk their lives on the battlefield for glory, rewards, power, etc. The risk lowers the number of men available thus making them more valuable and making it so that the rewards they reap are shared by less. So there's a POINT in nobles starting random wars even though they might day. If they win they get to go back home with more power while being in control of their estate. But flip it and put the women on top while still not changing cultural norms about a women's place not being on the battlefield. Suddenly the nobles who wage war would be risking everything to either die or come back and be treated like crap in their own homes. All of a sudden the people who wage war and have the most risk in war gain no reward from it. Not only that they have to deal with the fact that their estates have gone from being controlled and spent by women who waste it on appearances (because that's the society they're in). On some level I think the royals also wanted to create a situation where the rules of supply and demand were artificially flipped and value for the nobles became mostly superficial and meaningless (more so than it already was)
Like many others, I also found the chapter very confusing so I went to read the LN. Here is the LN chapter:
Thanks for the chapter!
Thank you for this. The absolute monarch bit really makes the plan on the royals side more clear. Also God is that a short sighted plan. I kinda wanted to agree with the idea of it (stopping nobles from infighting), but they literally just wanted to create a puppet state that's easier to control. Yikes. They kinda deserve the awful state of affairs. Also absolute monarchies NEVER last long. They concocted a plan for the span of several generations and in reality it wouldn't last half that.

Dex-chan lover
@MyleneScans Page 13 (2nd panel) has a translation error.

As there was no "Discrimination Towards Women" in this Story.

It should be "Discrimination By Women", or "Biased in Favor of Women"

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
This was a stupid plan. Replacing the nobles with common people won't make things better. It would honestly just make thing worse as you now have people whether rightly or wrongly in a position of power that would have generations of built-up resentment now in charge. Such people now in control would be consumed with seeking revenge and becoming brutal oppressors and tyrants.

Not to mention, they would just become as power hungry if not more so since they never experienced such power before in their life's. It's like people who win the lottery and its utterly destroys their life's because they don't truly know how to handle such power.

Double-page supporter
For people, like me, who are confused about the explanation then here is what a nice redditor surmised it as.

Thanks u/Tecotaco636 for the explanation & thanks for the translations.
Thanks for the link. I was kinda hazy on the details. The redditor explained it very well.

Users who are viewing this thread