out of topic but What BREXIT really Means?

@EaterOfBooks Given what a dumpster fire the EU is descending towards, I'd call it a huge net plus if they did something like your suggestion. I think one of the biggest indictments possible of the EU is the slowly growing number of member "nations" that are becoming domestically impotent and internationally irrelevant to the point of near-caricature. Greece is one that comes immediately to mind.

'Course, that would require them to not fuck it up miserably which they probably will for aforementioned reasons.

Fed-Kun's army
@ninjadork While that's certainly the case, and it seems like a decentish idea on paper for Britain to leave a ship that may sink, I'm not sure how much of the fault for those countries' situations is directly related to the EU: globalization has really created some winners and losers internationally in the past century or so. It seems like unless you have some unique natural resource or a particular type of work you excel/compete well at within a county, you're going to have a rough time, particularly if you're a smaller country or you never were really wealthy/relevant between the Industrial Revolution and the rise of globalization.

Dex-chan lover
Halloween Necro Festival

I ain't EU or Brit can some explain whether anything interesting has happened with this yet?
Do brits no longer get Tea and Spices? Is Northern Ireland returned to Ireland yet? Has Germany elected a new monarch as the powerful of EU yet?

Users who are viewing this thread