Overlord

Do people actually like the manga? I watched the anime and then tried reading the manga... I nearly threw up from how bad it was compared to the anime. I don't know about LN, but don't read this. Watch the anime.

@KreamPunk manga had more explanation than the anime since it gave more inner thought and more scene than anime. while anime had a good nice soundtrack. LN had even more scenes, inner thought, world-building, and character building. would recommend to read it while listening to anime ost

@KreamPunk I agree till we reach the sebas arc, since then the manga have been offering a superior adaptation of the light novel.

Double-page supporter
@Shieldhero22
Read the LN (Light Novel) version, it's the main source material of this series
Though I don't know which chapter did the anime left off knowing it kinda messed up most of the details that the LN version has (Plot holes, arc skipping, etc)
But, good luck on finding it though

This manga is bad.. slow development and the artist drawing is very bad.. can't draw battle scene properly.. the fighting scene very lame..

I watched the first 3 seasons of the anime, which I mostly liked, but it did leave out a lot of lore and backstory from the LN. Is the manga any better with that? I also haven't read the LN, I only know bits of the lore from the wiki, but how is it in comparison to the anime?

Also, the only way the I can see the story end is if (speculation, but spoiler tag just in case):
Momonga finally finds another player, but that player is disgusted by his actions and they come at odds. Then, he either destroys (or is destroyed by) the one thing he had done so much searching for. It would probably work best if that other player was either 'Touch Me' or another World Champion like him, since they all knew eachother (so it'd be a friend of a friend) and would have the power to solo Momonga and the NPCs of his guild.
However, there's very little indication that the author would actually do that, to my knowledge. The author seems to just really like continuing the story to write more messed up stuff, so it seems like they're content just having Momonga search forever.

@Tairo according to the author, nazarick will get a happy ending. still, there are a lot of people like you who wanted death note like ending or where ainz lost, unfortunately, it won't happen. ainz fight with information based on demiurge finding. then sent pandora actors disguising as him to fight any potential danger while he sits back and watches the enemy power, skill, and decide how to deal with them. even in PVP he would always forfeit his first match so he would be able to win next match.
just like blank from NGNL, Ainz Ooal Gown also knows no defeat

we need book 15 and season 4 , i'd like to see the siege of holy kingdom and the demons using kidnapped child as human shield to climb defended walls

What a Chunibyo Manga. The Fights are way to long and boring(sic!), every third panel there is a new skill/spell with a useless megalomaniac name which nobody has ever heard of before (with the exception of Fireball). So story don't get forward and if, the story jumps to somewhere not mentioned before. Well, the art is way better than standard manga (which is easy to do IF you know how to draw) and I really liked the depiction of the Lizardman society and the characters there, to name the two positive points. But for example, on the down side, it seems that their Tomb (Basis of the MC which got transferred to the new wold too) gets bigger and bigger with every chapter. At the point where doped this manga, this was the former HQ of a Guild of 41 people in a MMORPG, where Guild has at their disposal an army of many(!) 10.000-s low- and mid-level Monster/NPCs, many super strong NPCs , super rare magic artifacts en mass and gold piled up like in Dagobert Duck Tresor. And the MC is more powerful than all End-bosses in an typical MMORPG together. Yeh, yeh it could be that maybe in near future such a MMORPG could exist under the right conditions, right ... also, it could be that the moon is made out of cheese. Chunibyo in deed.

Users who are viewing this thread