Peach Milk Crown

Ok that's sucks, I continued to read this manga until the end because idk maybe cause i'm trash nevermid but man this end ... I expected nothing but I'm still disappointed.
"c'est claqué au sol" as we would say in France.

On one hand, we finally get good character development where a romance manga MC finally grows the fuck up and realizes all this high school love triangle bullshit is toxic; good on the author for following through.
On the other hand, holy hell what a trainwreck of a story.

I'm glad I was here for it. Mad props to genderbenderbb2 for sicking with it.

This is really good. A really grounded take on high school romance, with nuanced characters.

It seems like many other readers expected a fluff manga, which it is not. It's not a NTR manga either. It's a manga about love, strength of character and personal growth for a group of teens.

I've seen all the plot points play out in real life, and they're all realistic and interesting. The translation is quite basic and makes it harder to enjoy the story however, especially when dialogues are so important.

I like the idea of a character who ends up hurting others because she is too nice to everyone. What the last chapter explains well is that its not just about being nice. It's about being nice and self-centered/lacking in thoughtfulness. Even Momo herself was aware that she fell in love because of an egotistical reason (he didn't give up on her when others have) but she didn't see that this trait would lead her to not notice the impact of her behaviour on the MC.
Being too nice is a common plot point for the MC in romcom, but quite rare to see in the MC's love interest, especially handled that way.

Overall a great nuanced and mature take on teenage feelings which doesn't overstay its welcome. The characters are consistent in their behaviour and quirks, and the conclusion take all of them into account, instead of just being a wish-fulfilling one. I would have liked to see a richer characterisation of the side characters and the art was average although expressive enough to carry the story.

A solid 8.

the story doesn’t end with the last page. The silhouette under the temple means the love story continues. So you need to be hopefull and believe in love... and pineapples.

I would have punched the guy stealing my girl's first kiss. But seing her blush after that kiss from a guy she doesn't even have feeling for: be gone bitch.

The ending.... what the hell, really. That dude's stupid. Realistically thinking, he might never find anyone ever again. Life's not a free slot machine where you can keep rolling and eventually win. If you got a chance to make a lasting relationship and end it so stupidly over wavered emotions, might as well end up alone and unwanted. Old, wrinkly like a dried fruit and with no friends. Might be me own future, but arrogant fucks who just reject a girl like that deserve it more. It made me nothing else but bitter that he wasted both the chances to have someone in his life.

Users who are viewing this thread