Votes: 559 91.0%
  • I don't think we need one.

Votes: 55 9.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dex-chan lover
I'd +∞ if they'd let me...... but I can't so I will have to settle for '+1'.

This Theme/Sub-genre has definitely earned its own Tag if you ask me.

(Now I just need to find someone to Campaign 'Slow Life' getting a Theme tag)

not sure if plugging the poll at the end of chapter 15 of a vilainess anthology is ethical, but on your left

Double-page supporter
You can't even check new daily chapters without seeing several of thee Villainess stories. Finding a regular Shoujo is starting to feel like searching for a regular Fantasy after the Isekai boom.
I don't know what it was like before, but it most certainly deserves a tag of its own now. Both to find similar works, and to avoid them.

Dex-chan lover
...I assume the tag only pertains to stories with a "I'm a villainess but not really" character, yes? As opposed to the mere existence of a female antagonist? At which it applies to every shojo manga in the history of ever.

I'm down. There certainly are enough of them nowadays to justify a tag. For the people that want it, it let's them search for it; for the people exasperated by the current abundance of villainess MC POV titles, it allows them to screen out the "noise" from their feed.

Dex-chan lover
@sterven @Halo
I fucking love this thread now. Reading an array of mindless '+1' comments from a gang of NPC's is too funny to me for some reason.

As for my stance: well, as much as I'd like to give a big fat "yada" out of spite, I think the site would indeed benefit from this tag. Controversial opinion, I know.

I don't blacklist any genres or tags, but I sure as hell know that I'm never going to touch a 'Villianess' oingo boingo with a ten foot pole. Nothing against all you users who like those mongooses, I welcome all mogna fans, it's just that the genre is not for me. I'm more of a 'Tragedy' kinda guy, ya feel?

Regards,
𝒷𝒾𝑔𝓉𝒾𝒹𝒹𝓎𝑜𝓃𝑒𝑒𝓈𝒶𝓃

3mox18p.gif

Dex-chan lover
@bigtiddyoneesan
I fucking love this thread now. Reading an array of mindless '+1' comments from a gang of NPC's is too funny to me for some reason.

As for my stance: well, as much as I'd like to give a big fat "yada" out of spite, I think the site would indeed benefit from this tag. Controversial opinion, I know.

I don't blacklist any genres or tags, but I sure as hell know that I'm never going to touch a 'Rape' oingo boingo with a ten foot pole. Nothing against all you users who like those mongooses, they're just not for me. I'm more of a 'Vanilla' kinda guy, ya feel?

Regards,
ꃅꍏ꒒ꂦ
9IAyQ5E.gif

Dex-chan lover
I voted "not needed" just to be a contrarian (also I wanted to see the votes) and hot damn that's a lot of votes.
Honestly, I don't care about the theme. I don't read villainess stories but I don't filter out stuff I don't like, either. And I don't really use the tag search either. Just wanted to throw my "neutral" opinion in here.

Fed-Kun's army
Alternatively call it "Reijō" as it would be less misleading than "Villainess", while still encompassing all of the stories (isekai, reincarnation, fantasy, whatever) about young noble daughters with a doubtful reputation.

Group Leader
@Halo brigading is usually a harassment tactic...so unless the mods/admins consider campaigning for an additional tag as harassment...??? XD
It's cool if you don't want a Villainess tag, and it's cool if you do. I just think there's such a huge swath of Villainess works on mangadex, and also the fact that many of them are very popular and regularly appear on the 6H/24H/7D top reads list on the front page, they might finally be worthy of their own tag. I asked a couple years ago for the tag, and it was denied, but I think there's been a HUGE influx of Villainess since then. Even in our Villainess Anthology, that we celebrate as Villainess Week, we have a huge page of recommendations for other Villainess works, and we can't even include them all anymore (unlike previous Villainess Weeks where we were struggling to find enough to fill a recommendation page). I think now is finally the time that Villainess deserves its own tag!

As for advertising of this thread to my Villainess readers, making people aware of a campaign for something they love, I don't think is a bad thing. Especially since most don't frequent the MD forums, they wouldn't know this existed without the advertisement. Also I really just want a Villainess tag and have for years. I've bided my time, now is the perfect time to strike! >:D

Also, totally cool to be a contrarian, I have days like that too where I just want to troll people for the lulz XD

Dex-chan lover
I think narrowing it down to just "Villainess" is shortsighted. "Villain Protagonist" would probably be better. After that you can narrow down the type of manga you're looking for with the other tags.

Dex-chan lover
@Solistia
Vote brigading is massively coordinated online voting. It refers to the practice of affecting reviews or scores on websites that feature crowdvoting, such as online stores or review websites, by calling on large numbers of people to submit (often false) reviews, thus boosting or decreasing ratings artificially.
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vote_brigading

It's cool if you don't want a Slavery tag, and it's cool if you do. I just think there's such a huge swath of Slavery works on mangadex, and also the fact that many of them are very popular and regularly appear on the 6H/24H/7D top reads list on the front page, they might finally be worthy of their own tag. Someone asked for the tag, and it was denied, but I think there's been a HUGE influx of Slavery since then. Even in the <edgy isekai here>, people argued about Slavery, and they had a huge discussion about Slavery in isekai, and we can't even care anymore (unlike previous Slavery in Isekai Heated Discussions we were okay with because of the general setting). I think now is finally the time that Slavery deserves its own tag!

And to make it clear what I'm doing here: any of your arguments can be used to campaign for any other somehow popular theme or element: slavery, rape, loli dragons, etc. OP knows it, so their move was to use vote brigading to force the issue through, which is kind of sleazy.

Contributor
So people who are against this tag being added would be anti-villains and anti-villanesses?

Dex-chan lover
@Solistia
You added a ">:D" to your post, so I'd say you're good.

On a more general topic (and idk if this is planned/already available), with the increasing popularity of certain genres as well as MD in general, maybe there should be an option to widen the range of the 6H/24H/7D bar so that it shows more than the default amount of top manga.

Group Leader
@Halo I'm all for slavery trope tag 🤗Also is rape technically already a tag, considering the sensitive content tag? 🤔
Also that description of vote brigading...none of the reviews are false? All of these are from people that love Villainess (the only false would be if people are using secondary accounts to boost poll numbers). And it's not really a rating, it's basically gathering signatures like an online petition. This isn't from people who don't have anything to do with it just following orders cause master influencer says so, it's people that legitimately want a Villainess tag, and I've given them an outlet to voice their support :3

I wasn't even gonna add a poll initially, but I figure there's a lot of people out there who don't want to actually take the time to type anything, thus an easy poll option to show support XD (cause people are lazy~). If only the forums had a "like/heart" button for posts.

@justforthelulz ...you pose a very interesting question worthy of discussion. Does this technically make you the good guy being anti-villain, or does the Villainess trope, which is 95% of the time actually good people labeled Villainess and it's the "heroes" who are bad, make you a villain for not supporting the villainess, or...??? 🤔

@BestBoy I thought about that too when I first suggested a Villainess tag to MD, but I feel like @Alamut suggestion of the alternate "Reijou" (Noble Girl) is closer to the trope expectations, since male-oriented villains tend to take stories in a very different direction than Villainess and similar "Reijou" protagonists (if we wanted to expand beyond Villainess).

Dex-chan lover
@justfothelulz
So people who are against this tag being added would be anti-villains and anti-villanesses?
you're speaking as if they're heroes

Dex-chan lover
@Solistia Not sure what you mean by "taking the story in a different direction." Care to expound upon that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread