Please Behave, My Wife - Vol. 1 Ch. 37 - An Immortal Who Descended To The Mortal Realm

Fed-Kun's army
I'm still confused on what made her sick in the first place? Was it the watermelon or was it that time of the month

Dex-chan lover
I'm still confused on what made her sick in the first place? Was it the watermelon or was it that time of the month
Watermelon gave her stomach cramps because it was too cold and she already had an upset stomach (remember she was limiting herself to two bites and didn't want any to begin with). While there was a theory it was period cramps, there is no such indication of such in either the original WN or the raws, and she recovered in just a few minutes because of hot water and light tummy rubbing/holding which wouldn't do anything for cramping aside from heat transfer, which helps with muscle spasms of all sorts (for a more technical bonus, the body's heat receptor, known as TRPV1, can block P2X3 pain receptors, in addition to heat's effect of relaxing muscles, but the heat must be 40*C or above, so body warmth won't cut it for that purpose).

Watermelon gave her stomach cramps because it was too cold and she already had an upset stomach (remember she was limiting herself to two bites and didn't want any to begin with). While there was a theory it was period cramps, there is no such indication of such in either the original WN or the raws, and she recovered in just a few minutes because of hot water and light tummy rubbing/holding which wouldn't do anything for cramping aside from heat transfer, which helps with muscle spasms of all sorts (for a more technical bonus, the body's heat receptor, known as TRPV1, can block P2X3 pain receptors, in addition to heat's effect of relaxing muscles, but the heat must be 40*C or above, so body warmth won't cut it for that purpose).
where did you read the original WN?

Dex-chan lover
where did you read the original WN?
Can't remember the exact site, but it was through looking up [老婆请安分], the original name. That said, in a few chapters, I noted in the comments that it was, in fact, period cramps, comparing both the original Chinese manhua and the novel for those later chapters to show that it was euphemistic, though they localized it to being blunt and upfront about it in that chapter, changing the characterization of the one who noted it in doing so.

Dex-chan lover
There's hope for him.

This whole arc has kind of blurred their relationship boundaries a bit, which I suppose is kind of a good thing, because having everything proceed at her pace without her being unsettled would have been more simplistic than it needed to be. Like imagining if Jiang He didn't have the ability to beat up Xu Qing, it would just be him seducing her in a much quicker rate and he wouldn't be as driven to learn more martial arts and she would not have the same level of comfort toward him, knowing that she can always physically defend herself, even if he's being a bit perverted.

I do feel that what's charming about this story is how she teases him a lot and guides them through their relationship in a smart way, that doesn't need to change, but adding a bit of spice which symbolizes his character growth sounds good to me.

Also, I have a feeling that there are things she will have trouble dealing with just by herself, but she probably wants to handle everything on her own because she views him as just a kid, and that mentality needs to change.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread