Please Behave, My Wife - Vol. 1 Ch. 70 - Can't Sleep (End Of Season 1)

Dex-chan lover
Like some others said, I do think that it's true the protagonist isn't as charismatic as Xu Qing, and there's a little less tension because the supernatural elements are mostly kept under wraps.

Even beyond that though, I think that people just prefer when the heroine is the one being teased, and get offended when it's the protagonist being teased by her instead, because they can't see the perspective of the teaser so they tend to view it as more malicious than it really is, and honestly I think a lot of guys are thin skinned when it comes to this kind of thing. It's the opposite of what you usually see in webtoons where the MC is the ruthless witty protagonist with a harem of sycophantic beauties. So I think that may have killed the early momentum, and even later on when the teasing got more even and they delivered that good flashback, they couldn't recover the readers they needed. Well, this is just my speculation. I personally love heroines like this (avatar related).

I'll be happily continuing to read the author's other manhua.

Dex-chan lover
Like some others said, I do think that it's true the protagonist isn't as charismatic as Xu Qing, and there's a little less tension because the supernatural elements are mostly kept under wraps.

Even beyond that though, I think that people just prefer when the heroine is the one being teased, and get offended when it's the protagonist being teased by her instead, because they can't see the perspective of the teaser so they tend to view it as more malicious than it really is, and honestly I think a lot of guys are thin skinned when it comes to this kind of thing. It's the opposite of what you usually see in webtoons where the MC is the ruthless witty protagonist with a harem of sycophantic beauties. So I think that may have killed the early momentum, and even later on when the teasing got more even and they delivered that good flashback, they couldn't recover the readers they needed. Well, this is just my speculation. I personally love heroines like this (avatar related).

I'll be happily continuing to read the author's other manhua.
What about Nagatoro, Takagi, Kubo, Akutsu and Uzaki. Many people also love when the teaser is a woman. The pacing for this series was horrible though. Wished the studio would have adjusted.

Dex-chan lover
It was a cute series with lovable characters, but I'm not too surprised it turned out this way. They took like 60 of the 70 chapters to finally show a bit of the timetravel aspect of the story and it was just for the flashback, going back to the usual after that.

Disappointing, but as others have said, the pacing is pretty poor. I dropped this for about 15 chapters before binge-reading

The pacing for this series was horrible though

and people (still) hated me when I said this 55 chapters ago

Men who have reached here 07 , we must now accept this fate , althought we will keep hope this may return , it is time we say goodbye. Thank you scan , author , artist. It was good reading with all of you
Lynk out.

Dex-chan lover
Welp . . . Can't be helped if that the situations :< and 2 chapters per week?? Holy heck! That is some deadline! Hats of to Zhī huà wénhuà and their team! Thank you for delivering us this cute story!

And thank you so much Paragon Scans for bringing us in this ride!

So sad that it's cancelled. This has quickly become one of my absolute favourite romance mangas.

I'm surprised that between the two of them, My Wife is From a Thousand Years Ago is the one that stuck around while this was the one that ended up cancelled. This one feels like it was executed so much better, and has so much more potential to be a deep and beautiful romance — potential that, at least based on this season, it really looks like it was making full use of.

I hope it somehow gets continued. I would really love to see more chapters.

Users who are viewing this thread