Please Go Home, Akutsu-san! - Ch. 138 - Ch. 138

Dex-chan lover
Can we report this for being the literal worst translation I have ever read in my life? That was INSANE. Still read it though... so thanks.

Dex-chan lover
Hold on. Iltrof QUIT?!!
Damn, that's what I get for not reading scanlator comment pages.
Iltrof's work here is easily my go. to example of a perfect scanlation. From how natural and fun the writing is to the glorious SFX.

Dex-chan lover
I wish you knew you were in the good times, when you were in the good times..

Dex-chan lover
Jesus so many cunts in the comments today. Yeah it sucks but I don't see any of you making an attempt to translate it. If you jackasses put as much effort into making toxic comments as to translating it yourself then we would have gotten that shit day one.

Dex-chan lover
Not the worst scanlation attempt I've seen, but certainly the biggest drop in quality from one chapter to the next that I've seen.

Dex-chan lover
If you make uploads in the future I both implore you to and highly recommend getting someone to proofread your work. Lots of things that are easy to miss when you're trying to do everything yourself! Especially if something isn't a language you're fluent in.

Dex-chan lover
Jesus so many cunts in the comments today. Yeah it sucks but I don't see any of you making an attempt to translate it. If you jackasses put as much effort into making toxic comments as to translating it yourself then we would have gotten that shit day one.

The retiring translator stated another group was picking this up, so a quick, rushed sub-par effort like this was not needed.

If we get to a point where its been a month with no update, then fair enough, its open season and fair game.

Dex-chan lover
This needs a typesetter and a proofreader.
The good news is, there is room for improvement. And It isn't even that hard:
  • Change the font. Look around for recommendations for fonts best used in mangas. Most will be capital-letters-only fonts, which are easier on the eyes.
  • Also do a better job at centering and adjusting the textblocks in the speech bubbles. (There are some short tutorials for typesetting mangas in general and just by reading and heeding at least some advices in them, you can improve the quality tremendously.)
  • When in doubt at least use an online-translator to check your translation and translate them back and forth one to two times and see what happens to the translations. If the translation's meaning stays stabil (if the wording doesn't change too much, that's even better), chances are, it was a good translation the first or second time around, and if not look for a differnent way of frasing the text. But seriously, consider asking for the help of a human proofreader.
  • If you rely on an online-translator/AI-translator give the readers a heads-up warning about it in form of a frontpage. You can also use that page as credits, too.

Group Leader
you could've used at least a better font (and increase the size of the font)

Users who are viewing this thread