Please Go Home, Akutsu-san! - Ch. 177

Dex-chan lover
I appreciate how this development is so impossible to comprehend that there's been multiple chapters dedicated to reinforcing the fact that yes, it did actually happen.

Hey everyone.
It's with a very heavy heart that I am letting you all know that our dear friend @mike_leehk has passed away on the morning of June 7th.
Mike was the person who's first dragged both me and awh into the world of scanlation. He was a key member of Sho Habby, has taught me how to typeset, and was an incredible mentor. But more than that, Mike was a very dear friend to many of us at Sho Habby. Mike had also been sharing the duties of Typesetter on Akutsu for the better part of the last year, and was a huge help in getting this project rolling when we took over from iltrof.
Earlier this year, in March, I've had the pleasure of meeting him to go watch the two new Bunny Girl Senpai movies in theatres. The series has always been a shared favourite of ours, and we've spent a lot of our time over the past two years I've known him talking about it, and theorizing of what may come in the future novels of the series.
Mike leaves behind an emptiness that will weigh on us all, but we will keep his legacy alive in his name. There should not be significant changes to the groups activities, however, he was the person in charge of Church of Potteto, which will continue it's operations under my stead, but some of it's series may see themselves transferred here to make it easier to manage on my end.
I'd like to extend my deepest condolences to his family, and wish them the best in their grieving process.

Thank you for everything Mike, we'll miss you dearly. Rest well.

My sympathies for your loss. :(

Dex-chan lover
It's so hard to read fluffy cute romance while knowing about Mike. :( It just feels so... wrong, I guess, to be indulging in fluffiness while knowing he's passed away. I guess maybe he'd want us to continue to read and enjoy, but it feels so meaningless and superficial compared to the harsh reality of his passing.

Idk, not even sure if what I'm saying makes sense, or why I'm trying to use the MangaDex comments as some kind of therapy. I'll just say it again: RIP Mike, hope you're in a better place now.

Fed-Kun's army
See, mangaka, they can still be loveable goofballs even after the confession! You can keep telling a cute story about these two goons' adventures!

Poor Ooya, but she died happy!

Fed-Kun's army
447965294_10219673388225009_7562507708488206423_n.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread