Please Go Home, Akutsu-san! - Ch. 180

Dex-chan lover
Nah dude talking shit about someone to each other right to the guys face. Is that not crazy? Wtf is wrong with Japanese schools

Dex-chan lover
Summer vacation happens in the middle of the school year in Japan. First semester is April through July, summer vacay in August, second is September through December, then a short winter break, then January through March. There's only like a weeklong spring break between the school years.

So, they should be near the end of the first of three semesters.

Except on both Page 1 and Page 10 it says "Spring Break". They were in Summer Break in Chapter 88.

This is the closest I can find to outright stating that they are 2nd years. Riko says that Hibiki is one year lower than them in Chapter 90 Page 1 and Chapter 105.3 Page 2 has Hibiki as a 1st year.

Original stuff:

I can't find it stated that they are 2nd years but it is confirmed they are NOT 3rd years on Chapter 113 Page 2 when Ooyama missed the sports festival and Riko says "and we have next year, anyway".

Original original stuff:

I think they are 2nd years preparing for what they are going to do in their 3rd year. She turned 17 in Chapter 104 (September). This would be an age for a 2nd year as 2nd years turn 17 that year while 3rd years turn 18 in their final year. From what I understand Japan is pretty strict about that rule.

Chapter 105.3 Page 2 has Hibiki as a 1st year.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Indeed.. I was hoping for a bit of character development out of this, like in Horimiya
I feel that if she hadn't stepped in this would have been the normal place that would have happened. Probably over the next chapter or two realized it didn't matter and she loved him anyway. Here he has an immediate and violent demonstration that she doesn't care and loves him. So we get to skip all that.

Aggregator gang
i guess it's official, ooyama likes the kind of woman that will actually just kill him, or at least chokehold him

Fed-Kun's army
Nah dude talking shit about someone to each other right to the guys face. Is that not crazy? Wtf is wrong with Japanese schools
LOL for real! Big cultural differences there!

In my school, sure, ganging up on the guy and wanting to know kinky details sure... but getting in the guy's face and shouting he can't be dating the girl because he's such a pussy loser would probably get you into a fight! Sheesh.

Dex-chan lover
Everyone worried about the ganging up, meanwhile I'm just wondering when she became the school idol? My (possibly faulty) memory of every chapter before this showed that she was just the school delinquent and everyone was afraid of her, no hint of anyone actually liking her that way. Feels like there would have been some mention of her having a bunch of fans before this.

Dex-chan lover
Everyone worried about the ganging up, meanwhile I'm just wondering when she became the school idol? My (possibly faulty) memory of every chapter before this showed that she was just the school delinquent and everyone was afraid of her, no hint of anyone actually liking her that way. Feels like there would have been some mention of her having a bunch of fans before this.
I know 2 big reasons why she is popular
9798891600676.jpg

Dex-chan lover
So let me get this straight....she struggled to admit she has feelings for him in front of her close friende and family....but with random niggas she has zero issues

I can never understand how this girl's brain works

I mean I'm glad she admitted it, but why tf did it take her this long with people she's close to?🤦🏾‍♂️

Dex-chan lover
Since when was she the "school idol"?. Ngl that plotline is way overused. Sexy delinquent yeah, but idol? Cmon.
Just your typical glazing in manga, I HATE that trope so much, it's super cringe

I always end up saying "GET OFF HIS/HER DICK!!"

It's worse when it's an office job setting, that just cranks it all the way to 20

Dex-chan lover
Ah, the crowd of jealous turbo virgins, they're in every romance story. Always angry at romance that isn't theirs.

Why is this such a popular recurring trope

Users who are viewing this thread