Please Go Home, Akutsu-san! - Vol. 2 Ch. 43

Group Leader
@iltrof If you enjoy scanlating this series, there's no reason why you should stop, especially since Einherjar has a history of halting work on the series for an extended period of time.

Group Leader
Yeah this translation is better. Einherjer's typesetting is better. Would be great if you could team up, though that might cause issues again if the TS decides to take a break or something.

Group Leader
I guess I'll continue this in parallel with Einherjar then, for the time being. We'll see how things play out.
And thanks for the nice comments! I'll check out the manga suggestions, too :D

@SveNo
I have no idea which is closer to the original though.
When it comes to JP translation, "close to the original" and "natural" are basically mutually exclusive, so I do take a few creative liberties to make the TL more natural. I might rephrase things or throw words out, but I try not to deviate from the original meaning, so it should be fine.
In that sense, Einherjar's TL is probably "closer to the original" by virtue of being more literal. Can't say I like that though.

@fgsfdss
Einherjer's typesetting is better.
That's a little surprising to hear :eek:
Anything in particular that stood out about my typesetting?
Maybe the font I use for thoughts isn't too great after all...

Group Leader
@iltrof your translation flows way better! How you translate is exactly my train of thought, I try to make it sound natural and easy to read while transmitting the same message as the original. Thanks for the upload :p

Fed-Kun's army
@iltrof
you explained literal vs. natural and i love you

tenor.gif

Dex-chan lover
i think that getting the readers to understand stuff is better than being literal, so i appreciate ur version, thks

Dex-chan lover
@iltrof. Thanks for translating! I like your translation of this manga. It is easier to read and I am not loading tons of credit pages

Users who are viewing this thread