Please Put These On, Takamine-san - Vol. 4 Ch. 22 - Let Me Do It!

Double-page supporter
@Naian Premises: The FMC has a power that can reset anything except their relationship. And the only way she used it so far is that of might is right. In so far is her personality that of a ruthless offender with a mental age of a toddler. She overpowers everything and the MC isn't exempted. So of course she sets the pace. And yes she is messed up never having to negotiate for what she wants but only twisting reality to her needs.
Simp mode activated by MC is the consequence. He became a cock to protect himself from the toddlers rage and wrath. That is why many don't like either character despite them being the main characters.

Since MC is by chance the only one to recognize when she alters the reality they are connected in a way that only he pleases her. In that, he sees her "efforts". He is the only recognition in her frame of her life that has an independent point of view. And by that he is the only one who can reward her in a satisfactory way, that is unforced/uncorrupted. However to get the independent praise and attention, the romcom starts, where he just simps around to not get a beating.

The fine line for the author is to make it believable for the reader that the emotions directed at each other are of their own accord which is a pretty hard challenge or if he can't pull it of and will kick them together by taking her powers away to make them equals it will be unsatisfying for the reader. So there is that at least for me. Taking steps to give MC a partner status without forcing him into it is a hard nut to crack. And yeah the read between the lines that there is the blackmail context got pushed aside a bit to much in the later chapters. I guess with inner monologue the author could explore to exhaust and struggle of FMC. But whatever. We will see.

Glad you guys are not dropping this, I just binge read this series today and I love it. Can someone recommend any series with similar premise?

Are you people seriously saying he has Stockholm syndrome, good god, in a rom com manga? Just stop your seething every chapter.

Dex-chan lover
I love how bad she is at hiding how happy it makes her when Shirota tries to do things for her.

Fed-Kun's army
God damn this entire chapter really shows exactly how their personalities are and I feel like this is almost a recap of who they are before more plot devolopement

Double-page supporter
Nice chapter but god the longer it goes on the worse it's going to sit with the author just sidelining the other girl hard

A la espera que suceda algo más que simple chantaje entre ellos ... Soy chileno por eso mi español jaja

Users who are viewing this thread