Pokemon - Festival of Champions (Doujinshi)

I thought adbentures are where pokemon battle peaked, but i have been proven wrong

Also pls new chapters

Dex-chan lover
At face value, the series is a fun, more grounded take on what pokemon battling would be like and the heights of characters we know, but it has a problem that a lot of tournament arcs have: you already know who's going to win.

The whole premise is built around Red and Green meeting each other in the finals with Red winning to become champion. This means Red can't lose any matches and Green can't lose til the final. If there is no "What if?", why am I here?

Aggregator gang
Flashbacks within flashbacks within flashbacks. It'd be great, but it actually feels like the anime. Which sucks.

Wow! This is amazing, I made a account here just to comment here. Just found the manga series and I'm already falling in love! So hyped for Chapter 15 in December (I think it's releasing in December, as the next Comiket is in December and it usually comes out every Comiket if I'm correct (?)). Kind of a shame that a chapter only releases semi-annually, but I can get why, lol :p The art looks like it would be straight from the Blue Lock manga, with the tense exaggerated poses and the intense action in matches. I took a liking to the prologues (0.1 - 0.3). They felt so emotionally tense! Anyway that's all I have to say, except thanks for taking the incredible amount of time to translate this! Good night.

Dex-chan lover
After rereading the whole thing, I'm wondering if there's a way to display the chapters by release order? The recent flashback chapters being inserted at the beginning of the series don't really parse well, especially since there's some minor contradictions that stand out more when it's not clear what's being retconned or fleshed out. The pacing also gets thrown off too, by not having the battles at the beginning.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
At face value, the series is a fun, more grounded take on what pokemon battling would be like and the heights of characters we know, but it has a problem that a lot of tournament arcs have: you already know who's going to win.

The whole premise is built around Red and Green meeting each other in the finals with Red winning to become champion. This means Red can't lose any matches and Green can't lose til the final. If there is no "What if?", why am I here?
Gives more detail as to why Green only has 5 pokemon.

Users who are viewing this thread