Priscilla's Marriage Request

it makes me mad how Tappytoon is pricing the chapters, other webcomic providers are more reasonably priced.
Honestly I don't mind paying coins. I like how the artist will get credit but it seems like Tappy pretty much discourages the readers to read it. To make it worse, They're even sniping the good titles.

Thank you scanlators for the last hurrah update, I wish it could have been continued like scanlate whichever is not in the app.
Might use google translate just to salvage my angst.

Good work! I felt so blessed reading these chapters just to fall in despair again... Tappy is really expensive, more so now that I'm jobless since corona virus :'( good bye, good title. Rest in my heart forever.

I had a hard time getting into it, because yes, i cant stand men having long hair (main characters at least). My only reason 😂

I'm getting into it now, so thank you for translating a good chunk of chapters for us! Now I'll move onto Tappytoon and read there.

But why do people think Tappy is expensive? It's reasonable compared to some others I know, including Lezhin. It does stink if you don't have a credit card or need to ask family, though.

Not a big fan of Tappytoon as it forces you to pay to read anything, unlike Webcomic which has easy ways to earn enough free coins to read their chapters. Unless Tappytoons changes their policies, not going over there

First of all, Tappytoon is expensive, especially for those of us who don't have money to spare. Many of us who read on here are students. Some of us are barely making ends meet. Second, Tappytoon does not provide a way for you to earn chapters to read. Third, Tappytoon isn't translated up to this latest chapter. I have been enjoying this series so much and now it's on Tappytoon, where it is behind in translation and expensive to read, and my money goes to buying diapers, shoes, clothes, food, rent, utilities, and all that other stuff because I have kids.

Thank you, D&A scans for translating to this point. I appreciate the hard work. I am sorely disappointed that I won't be able to continue reading this series and I hope another scanlation group decides to pick it up.

Well here is hoping another group picks it up because I can't afford to pay for this, it's good, but it's not THAT good.

@toomanywords Why Tappy is overly expensive? That's because it sells you just online access to digital media. Like Spotify or Netflix.

Now just imagine service like Netflix that ask you to pay 2$ for every serial episode you watch. And you say it's cheap becouse paying for BR would cost more. No, you compare it to other streaming websites.

It limit readers from milions to few thousand and ask much more money for the same then other similar services.

For me it's not a problem of paying for chapter, i have money for that. But i won't support obsolete overprices businesses such as Tappy. Author choose to work with them and since he choose to have less readers to milk each of them more i don't feel need to support.

Forgot to mention what's keeping me reading this is the revelation of plot and magic (love me some magic). I dont particularly care for these characters; they have yet to show quirks which would differentiate them a bit from the million and one other webtoons like this or make them more like real people. They have no details, which is what gives characters depth.

Below in spoilers is the last of what I'll post regarding licensed toons, since that is besides the point here :) someone probably started a forum on this anyway.

@mapokl (and others) thanks for mentioning all that. I agree It's not ideal, and it's unfortunate that the way the products are being sold means less people will get to read these stories we love. I understand, and it's a relative experience for what we are/have been exposed to.

When you come across new platforms that sell the product for cheaper, the other ones do seem more expensive (like Lezhin to tappy). The one that annoys me is...Spottoon? There is one where you buy the chapters...but that is access for A YEAR. It's not a year subscription. You could pay 100 dollars to read a series, only to lose access to it after a year. Idk about you but if i like something enough to buy it, i wanna reread it. To me THAT is absurd to revoke access to something you paid good money for. I stopped supporting Spot because of that, even though there were some titles i liked.

Relative standpoint for what I have experienced: i'm not saying it's cheap. I think, all things truly considered, it is reasonable, and not too expensive for what you get in exchange. And i have no doubts that it is inflated for some profit. I'm probably just amongst those who are more willing to spend money on certain hobbies (can't pay for all of my hobbies, but I reallllly love reading so i do tend to spend a lot of my misc cash on books and webtoons). Aaand I'm also amongst the suckers when it comes to paying for stuff.

I wouldn't say no to a months/yearly subscription based service, like a webtoon version of netflix or spotify. I mean then i could have seasonal hobbies and binge read during winter 😂 And heck, Webtoons is amazing for being free and I sure as heck read what i can from there. If the other paid services could be cheaper, great.

The costs also seem more reasonable to me because I used to buy physical graphic novels when I was younger, so from a pure cost perspective of what i get for 12 bucks it seems reasonable. It's not quite the same since it's paper versus pure data, but in principle it's the same to me. It's a hobby - some hobbies costs money (and hobbies are privileges). And someone spent time to think of a story, create dialogue, plan out the panels, draw, ink it. They're providing an entertainment service. (That all said, i always wonder if the artists and authers truly get their fair share of the cost. I know a lot don't, statistically).

I remember saving up my allowance, doing odd jobs for coin, then being really excited to visit Chapters (gods i love that place). And I could sit and read a bit before deciding to buy something.

However, because of that, i do think that these services should offer more of the beggining chapters for free (at least for webtoons over, say, 60 chapters). Scale the free beginning based on the length of the series (up to a point - 15 chapters max?).

And like I said, it does suck if you don't have a credit card or a job to pay for it. Especially if you really love reading. Shoutout to all the students (i'm still one) who are suckers for their hobbies.

Uh..where was i going with this? Oh right.

Tl;dr it's all relative and what's relative to me is my exposure to webtoon services. It's also my personal beliefs that lead me to think that tappy's prices seem pretty fair

@toomanywords

I think you miss 2 points in that.

First - When you come across new platforms that sell the product for cheaper, the other becomes more expensive. There is no seems. That's how economy works. If there is now competitor that can provide the same or better product or service with lower cost he is more productive and competitive. Why should you support something that offer worse service for higher price? Bu supporting worse service you just do damage to whole industry.

The second one. You don't buy chapters in Tappy. You buy access to it. And it's not eternal. Licences expires, provider bankrupt or change policy etc. The can release update and app stops working or stop supporting your phone. It's like "life guaranty".
Generally that "pay for single access" thing is what annoys me with whole manga industry.

Since you mentioned novels. For example i have paid account in J-Novels. There you paid subscription for access to ALL ongoing translations or buy whole books. If i get subscription i get all chapters that are available now and i know it will change. But if i decide to buy a book, i get downloadable e-pub file. I can get it on pendrive and don't care what happens to provider and his licences.

The same goes to movies where you either buy access to whole platform (not one single movie) or you buy physical or digital copy you have. Music? The same either you stream it or buy downloadable files/cd-s/vinyls.

But manga industry wants to go old way. You almost can't buy downloadable digital manga, you buy access to single instance for same working or not websites or phone app. For me you either give subscription for stream or if you want to pay chapter by chapter or by book i expect for it to be something i own.

Power Uploader
@blackphoenixsuzaku
TapoyToon actually does have the option to earn points to read chapters without paying. It's a bit different compared to WebComics. It asks you to download games and play for a certain amount of time to earn points. There is another option which is watching videos ads which max per day is 30 videos ads. They didn't ask for payment till years later when it started becoming extremely popular. WebComics is slowly going toward that section as well. Some of their series requires Gems which you have to actually pay with real money to read them. You could use points to transfer it to Gems, but it requires a lot of points to make up 1 Gem. Also there's other series that requires you to either donate monthly or yearly to read the series that's locked for premium users.

@ NibbPower
Actually it's not 30 videos per day, but 30 videos per hour. The best thing is you need 300 points to unlock chapter, and each 30s video gives you 10 points. So you can spend over 15minutes watching 30 ads to unlock ONE chapter.

About points from downloading stuff it takes even more time, and often paid action is behind another paywall.

Personally, I would rather pay, then waste time on "free" options. Problem is either way you support crappy Tappy. And that is the worst part.

@ ppl complaining over having to pay for tappytoons
It's a privilege to read comics, not a necessity. If you cant afford it, don't buy it, simple as that.

Well if tappytoon decided to publish this series, they would have done it long before the first release. But seeing how they are guess I'll have to wait months and weeks for the series in tappytoon to catch up.🤬🤬🤬🤬 In the mean time I'll read other comic's while waiting!

Users who are viewing this thread