Radiant

Rol

Group Leader
In the beginning very much so but less so as the story progresses imo.

@sadmanex I don't know how far you are in the story, but yeah, Radiant does nothing new or innovative as a shonen, but what it does, it do it right. I may sound a bit uninteresting, but trust me, it's really good.

Also if you're at the beginning, I think you should push to volume 4

I really like the dialogues, very good quality, the author is very talented to build his characters interactions.

I'm really surprised the Radiant anime is getting a second season by the looks of the end of ep. 21.

Power Uploader
Yeah, I really didn't think it would have that luxury…

Hopefully season 2 will be less of a mess.

It was said in a couple of interviews that it's been doing very well according to NHK actually, so it's not too surprising.

The main target is Japanese kids so you wouldn't really heard their opinions online much anyway. And fwiw Japanese twitter has been positive about the series since it started.

What's surprising though is how soon we're getting it, especially for a 21 episode season.

Power Uploader
I didn't know that… That's cool then. I guess Tony must be ecstatic right now. 😋

Volume 11 is out by the way, and it's awesome. Lots of new cool characters. =]

no idea why its tagged as tragedy but so far (ch. 61) its worth a read

Ah right, the target audience is for younger people lol. I always forget that I'm old and so that kind of semi-generic plot always deflates me.

But what if those kids, now seen the anime, bought the manga and saw all those inappropriate jokes? This is hoping that the JP version doesn't change the translation for them lmao.

Power Uploader
I'm already pretty sure they're gonna remove Myr's "poetry", and that will be sad. =[

@FADINGO The Japanese release of the manga doesn't have furigana and apparently uses fairly complex vocabulary according to some reviews I've read so Japanese kids would likely have a hard time reading it anyway lol

I don't think those inappropriate jokes will be removed as it's a French manga, and France is way more lax on that than japan

@Galtian Damn so it's all kanji? The kids are gonna ask their parents what this means and boy, it's gonna get awkward.

Users who are viewing this thread