Ragna Crimson - Vol. 8 Ch. 39 - Thank you

Dex-chan lover
It's like a cheap jumpscare in a safe zone, lmao. They built up anticipation by making it so obvious since the very start but then only delivered it when you least expected it: by breaking rules, lol.

Dex-chan lover
I really hope she's not dead. That's such a cheap death to get shock value that only really makes you upset at the author.

Fed-Kun's army
Yeah,im not okay with this. Sure ragna has his eyes on that other girl, and sure its the kind of manga that would pull this shit like in akame ga kill, but fuck off with thi shit!!!

Dex-chan lover
A single-page insta kill is the real problem. Yeah it was obvious given the setting that some bad shit would happen, but a "yay we win" followed by a montage where surprise surprise everyone basically gets gibbed in a second is just dumb.

Looks like the author got stuck, gave up and just smashed something out. (Last time was introducing guns, training literal nobodies, and then immediately fighting a dragon that commands wind🤕🤕🤕)

@VincentYamato seeing how the author treats his story and his characters, i have no doubt the other girl will die too. probably for some nonsensical quick easy shock value that invalidates & wastes previous chapters full of characters and development

Aggregator gang
honestly i dont think this is cheap or anything. Ragna had to use his full power which instantly alerted Kamui. the whole reason he didnt unleash his full power was so that kamui wouldnt insta teleport to him

This exact thing was explicitly mentioned as a reason why "Full Power" shouldn't be brought out. His role in the fight was built around not standing out too much.
I think the author did a nice job sucking us into the "battle shounen" feeling and having us forget about the other stuff. Updates don't happen every day so it would be easy to forget.
People being shocked here is just proof of that.

Well there's 2 seasons worth of character development thrown right out the window. Considering how easily this mangaka kills off main characters (like even more ruthless than Isayama for AoT because you kinda get desensitized towards AoT deaths by midway), I should've expected it

What a waste of chapter to introduce them all just so that they could die uselessly like this~

Holy crap folks. Calm down and wait a bit before dropping things. Yeah, there was a lot of character potential built up for her - but the author did a surprisingly good job with all these other characters too. This story's had some weird moments, but the characterization is consistently amazing. And we only saw the princess and one of the twins get destroyed while the others went flying. All these other folks are good characters too and just got a drive for revenge. Still a crap ton of potential going forward here.

Death by haircut? I've got a feeling she somehow survives "O MY RUBBER NEN SILVER AURA" style, stitching her own head together or something.

Users who are viewing this thread