Raise wa Tanin ga Ii - Vol. 8 Ch. 35 - You Are Life [1]

Double-page supporter
I usually hate the "they met when they were kids and he fell in love" trope, but here it just kind of fits. Kirishima is such a not-normal person and he needs a not-normal reason to obsess over love somebody. Interesting that his initial attraction to Yoshino had such a vague basis. Not that there isn't plenty about Yoshino to get obsessed over, once he got to know her.

Also new cover, yay! It looks fantastic.

Last edited:
Fed-Kun's army
Yeah, it's so funny because Yoshino is actually a lot like Kirishima. When he says 'like me', though, it's assumed he wants to know if she's a bit crazy. Which remains to be seen.
Idk I think the part where she sold her organs on the black market just to make a point kind of proved that, hence why he’s so crazy about her now

Dex-chan lover
Idk I think the part where she sold her organs on the black market just to make a point kind of proved that, hence why he’s so crazy about her now
But we're still in the past and not there yet?

ICYMI, in the very first chapter, when Kirishima ditches Yoshino in an alley because she's not who he thought she would be-- he's a lot of things but he's not stupid and he obviously couldn't have formed an impression of her soley based on this conversation.

there's more to the story of what Yoshino's deal is, including the deal Renji and Gaku struck with Kirishima that Azami told her about. And, as luck would have it, there is actually one more chapter in the arc.

TL;DR: It remains to be seen. :)

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I was exited about k manga, but it’s not available in Canada
Yeah, TBH it's a bit of a shite business model to launch in only one Englsih-speaking country but then Konishi and Kodansha didn't seem all that interested in launching in English anyway, so it's like another FU to fans, imo.

Dex-chan lover
Meep. (Can't delete a comment and posted a dupe. Sry!)

So what's interesting about this chapter is that the ENTIRE MANGA starts with Kirishima sitting on the veranda of his rooms and Tachibana coming up to him with a picture of Yoshino that he (Kirishima) apparently asked for and Kirishima saying 'She's cute, I want her to fuck me up.'

This arc lays out the events leading up to that moment, so if you really wanted to read it in order, you'd start with Kirishima being called a 'good boy' in Chapter 33, read up to this chapter, then go to Chapter 1, then continue on from there.

Doing it that way eliminates doubt as to Kirishima's character, which is cool, but also a lot less fun. As much as I dislike people hating on him for being a cheater, etc. this is seinen with a psychological twist so part of the fun is never really knowing who you're supposed to root for or who is actually good.

/fin

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Thank you JBS for the chapter!!! I enjoyed every frame. The series (not to mention we the loyal fans! xD) deserved a good steady work like yours. And worry not, as soon as i can ill buy every effin volume of this series.
I wanted to know if this mini chapter has chances to be translated? Seems juicy.
Thanks for the love! 💗 If you need some info on where/how to buy we have some resources for you on our Tumblr. Used sites are great, by the way!

Re: The Twitter thing. We're waiting for the Volume 8 release at the end of the month to confirm it's an omake and if it is, we'll fold it into our post of Chapter 36. If you're not able to wait that long, DeepL and Papago are not terrible? 🙃

Dex-chan lover
I mean she's not exactly like him. He's a completely psycho, she seems comparatively normal lol
being raised by yakuza and not being estranged from that part of the family, yoshino can’t be called normal even comparatively imo. she’s like. normie-passing? 🤣 she definitely crazy forreal. she just shows it differently. a different kind of crazy

Doing it that way eliminates doubt as to Kirishima's character, which is cool, but also a lot less fun. As much as I dislike people hating on him for being a cheater, etc. this is seinen with a psychological twist so part of the fun is never really knowing who you're supposed to root for or who is actually good.

/fin
Much less fun and ofc aaall the authors nowadays make all kind of tricks to avoid making stories being lineal so why would we complain for this story being told not in proper order...
I also dislike people ranting bout Kirishima being this or that, if they dont like him why they are here and not reading something else? But whingers will whing. Plus im very sure every person that complains for cheaters have some personal story that still hurts and they cant avoid telling everybody else bout it. And my final nail is: is it too hard to see that s*x isnt love? For many people at least. Specially for scorpios XDD. Kirishima for sure care very lil bout all the girls he bangs. And havent people seen that Shouma also have girlfriends? Ah, for sure hesnt cheating cause hes Yoshino almost brother, right? XD

Dex-chan lover

/fin
wow yeah this captures how i feel so far. i don’t actively dislike the development, but de-mystifying Kirishima could be a mistake.. i’ve been convinced of Kirishima’s sincerity to Yoshino for awhile now, and i think that’s why i’ve been gravitating to the new crazy Yakuza dudes to compensate for the lack of tension.

i’m probably in the minority but i don’t like seeing Yoshino and Kirishima work together so well. haha. i hope something throws a wrench between them.

sorry to bring up another comic but this bothered me about Cheese in the Trap as well. you set up a really sus male lead with all this psychological tension. it’s a bit deflating when it transitions to a genuine romance. but it’s too early for me to say if this manga will go the same boring route.

Dex-chan lover
Well oh fucking course their connection started in childhood

Dex-chan lover
wow yeah this captures how i feel so far. i don’t actively dislike the development, but de-mystifying Kirishima could be a mistake.. i’ve been convinced of Kirishima’s sincerity to Yoshino for awhile now, and i think that’s why i’ve been gravitating to the new crazy Yakuza dudes to compensate for the lack of tension.
We're 68 chapters in and just past the story's midpoint, according to Konishi, and based on the writing so far and her previous project I doubt we're going to get a cut'n'dried explanation of Kirishima's special kind of weird, nor will this devolve into a straightforward romance. Choosing to have faith in the writing with this one!

I also dislike people ranting bout Kirishima being this or that, if they dont like him why they are here and not reading something else? But whingers will whing.
It's more that I think a lot of folks see the pretty art and assume it's shojo and then are repulsed by his behavior, but really this is kind of par for the course for seinen with a side of psychological, I guess? But yeah, it's not for everyone and that's fine.

Double-page supporter
gaku is so cool.. i wanna give baby kirishima some mittens but that would be too scary

Dex-chan lover

i’m probably in the minority but i don’t like seeing Yoshino and Kirishima work together so well. haha. i hope something throws a wrench between them.

sorry to bring up another comic but this bothered me about Cheese in the Trap as well. you set up a really sus male lead with all this psychological tension. it’s a bit deflating when it transitions to a genuine romance. but it’s too early for me to say if this manga will go the same boring route.
noooooo dont bring up citt it makes me sad 😭 i still resent the ending. it just really defeated the ML’s writing and mystique. I still absolutely adore citt but man the way it turned out was, as you said, deflating

Dex-chan lover
Ok that trivia about the dog breed being extinct made me sad. Cool chapter tho.

Double-page supporter
I see... so his obsession of her is as a friend at first... and when he saw possibility of her being like him, he goes full force haha love how he saves up to see her at such a young age! (I mean sure its mentioned back then but look at that cute face! Adorbs)

Dex-chan lover
I see... so his obsession of her is as a friend at first... and when he saw possibility of her being like him, he goes full force haha love how he saves up to see her at such a young age! (I mean sure its mentioned back then but look at that cute face! Adorbs)
I think that's what happened, yeah. When Kirishima was talking to his dad he seemed to be hearing his dad say 'make someone like you' as in 'make someone a bit of a masochist so they are similar to you' and Kodaka letting loose at the tournament probably made him think he'd found that someone and why he thought Kodaka would make a good buddy.

When he's talking to Gaku he's probably heard about his uncle and assumes his uncle knows about him, so he's telling Gaku what his dad said and asking if this girl is 'like' him and again assuming something and being misinterpreted by the adult. So he goes to see this girl, likely thinking she's a spoiled little hellion. He assumed things about her and that played into how he acted-- 'acted' being the key word here.

When Kirishima was talking to his dad he seemed to be hearing his dad say 'make someone like you' as in 'make someone a bit of a masochist so they are similar to you'
Interesting! Is there a difference regarding uses of "like" in the raws?

Or, er, I'm not quite sure how to phrase it, but in French « comme » is used for the comparative "like" (create someone who is similar to you) and « aimer » is generally used for the verb "like" (make someone have positive feelings about you). But in English "like" is used for both. Is it the same word for both in Japanese as well?

Anyway, very excited to have real translations for this chapter, thank you as always! So excited to see where things are headed especially with everything being cyclical. (And the new volume cover is stunning.)

Fed-Kun's army
Interesting! Is there a difference regarding uses of "like" in the raws?

Or, er, I'm not quite sure how to phrase it, but in French « comme » is used for the comparative "like" (create someone who is similar to you) and « aimer » is generally used for the verb "like" (make someone have positive feelings about you). But in English "like" is used for both. Is it the same word for both in Japanese as well?

Anyway, very excited to have real translations for this chapter, thank you as always! So excited to see where things are headed especially with everything being cyclical. (And the new volume cover is stunning.)
This occurred to me too and I think it’s less about suki (‘like’ as in ‘have affectation for’) versus niteru (‘like’ as in ‘similar to’) and more about tsukuru (‘make’ as in ‘make friends’) that was instead interpreted as ‘make’ as in ‘create’?

Maybe Kirishima, who is a dom/masochist, got the idea to make/create Kodaka to be his own ‘special’ sub/sadist friend who could give him what he wanted (regular beatings), if that makes sense? Kind of topping from the bottom.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread