Re:Monster - Vol. 7 Ch. 61

Dex-chan lover
lawful evil ? chaotic neutral ? neutral evil ?

bakayaROU the c0ckroach is actually the most evilest evil evil evil evil inhuman dog that does evil things just for fun .

Fed-Kun's army
laffo at anybody just now realizing that the MC who, for the entire series, has called all creatures regardless of race or intelligence "food" might not be entirely moral

the only reason he's ever not eaten anyone is when he thinks it would cause more trouble than their skills would be worth or back when things stronger than him existed

or maybe remember how he kept mind-controlled sex slaves for a long while there, and maybe still does (I don't remember if he free/"freed" them all)

the only two categories in his mind are "eat them now" or "not worth eating now" and if you think any of his wives, kids, or followers don't fall into those categories you haven't been paying attention

Dex-chan lover
@Fari Lawful in the sense that he follows his own code of ethics, twisted as they may be. Neutral/Chaotic Evil imo would be someone like Ainz from Overlord, who routinely breaks his own code.

It's been a while since I read the entirety of Re:Monster though, so I could be forgetting something he did.

Dex-chan lover
page 3 : an isekai-ed virgin sage , lol , what a loser . his informations are classified secrets , but the bratty princess just casually mentioned his name and his skills to some random evil monster ????? she is so dumb .

page 7 :
- bakayaROU the b!tch : yo , innocent girl , when you sense any foreigner girl , lead her to me , then i will rap* her and eat her right in front of you . please help me do evil things .
- innocent girl : you fukking inhuman dog .

the crazy b!tch heroine watches bakayaROU all the time , but she couldnt see that it killed and ate some innocent citizens and the minister ?????????? this manga is so stupid .

last page : nothing to worry about , folks , bakayaROU the c0ckroach 's "eating skill" was just upgraded even more when it was isekai-ed as a baby goblin . and the author is just retconning sh!ts : if eating a simple cooked meat give it more skills , then it should have discovered this info a long time ago . the 2 twin cook b!tches cooked a lot of human meat for it .

Fed-Kun's army
Anyone complaining about the MC eating people must have skipped the arc where he fought the human forces that were attacking the elves. He ate quite a few people back then.

What's with the sudden explosion in whining? Aporou has always been like this, the only thing he thinks about is how to get to eat delicious things (and increase his abilities), in each town he visited he made some time to hunt humans to fill his stomach, he hunted only criminals because they wouldn't be missed even if they disappeared in the hundreds. He's supposed to be a villain. If you're already feeling uncomfortable with this, then it'll only get worse for you.

Dex-chan lover
killing a weak , old , defenseless man , and then getting rewarded 300 + legendary rare items . bakayaROU the b!tch must have set the difficulty of this video game to extreme easy for noob players .

@Patware Yes and no. Foreigners are people who had a body made for them by a greater god of time and space apparently. They can apparently feel each other theoretically due to the blessing of said god they have on themselves.

He doesn't have that god's blessing. He has the 'Great God of Origin and Demise's blessing....among a slew of demigod blessings. So while he functions like a foreigner he got stuffed into a goblin body instead and had no inherit isekai blessing as far as he knew.(Though at the end of this chapter he's realized that he did pick up SOME form of bonus with his ESP power getting upgraded)

@daywithoutgames The old man wasn't defenseless, he couldn't defend HIMSELF but he had the best of the best around to protect him probably even including that hero watching Aporou to defend his ass. It just wasn't enough because while the world isn't set to extremely easy he has already broken it over his knee largely after getting past the barriers that DID nearly kill him already......which is ALSO why an earlier comment of yours is wrong actually. He can't just get skills from anything, due to the way he levels up in this world he is getting fewer and fewer skills over time since he can only get them from suitably strong items, materials, and creatures. Past his goblin stage there was never really a chance that he'd be picking up a skill from anything that wasn't leveling up like farm animals and he already got EVERY skill he could get from the animals in his home area where the majority of his food would come from. He also seems to have a tendency to eat as much of his targets as possible quickly no doubt due to his thoughts that he can only get it within 12 hours of killing the target, in this case likely believing the wyvern was too weak to learn from since he didn't get anything during his arena bbq and then eating the meat later he realizes that he's broken that 12 hour time limit in the past once and again now so he needs to test things.

@PyroclasticFlow For all intents and purposes he never kept mind controlled slaves. What he DID do however was pump aphrodisiacs into their air and leave them there until they wanted sleep with goblins just to actually do it at all. Still evil, different kind though.
I would disagree with your last line though, he has so far shown that he doesn't have any intention of eating his fellow monster companions or wives and definitely not his children. He has a moral code its just WAY more loose then most peoples. The moment they step away from being companions or family into enemies though all bets are off. If his best friend Kichi proved himself to be a ACTUAL enemy not friendly rival then he would kill him on the spot and eat him as an example to his enemies while also growing immensely stronger.
So at minimum I'd put him at having 3-4 categories; 1. To be eaten. 2. To be eaten when he is capable and has the opportunity(heroes mostly). 3. Not worth eating(no skills, or cause too much trouble) 4. Personally Valuable(Friends, subordinates, Family, and those with things they offer him that are more valuable then their meat like the princess and elf leader.)

I wouldn't put it past him to eat people from all four categories if it becomes personally necessary to him.....but they would likely be eaten with a priority of something like 2, 1, 3, 4. Just this chapter in fact he ate someone who'd generally be in category 3 just because he wanted to shake things up so he has a chance at eating a category 2.

Dex-chan lover
I still think he's getting more addicted to eating stuff to get more powers. So it's like watching one of the oft-cited slippery slopes in action.
First he ate mindless monsters, then smarter but still homicidal monsters, then humans killed in self-defense (waste not, want not), but now he's eaten the corpse of a political assassination (still not so bad, the guy would have been killed anyway) and he's actively entertaining the eating of people who surrendered, explicitly only letting them live if they're pulling in other bodies for him to eat.

So I guess the "Re:Monster" here is about his slide into monsterhood. And somewhere in the not-so-far future one of his kids will have a cool power that he wants, and said kid will become lunch. "I can get new kids/wives, but this power is only here."

That's where you're wrong, he was like this since he was human before reincarnating, he doesn't think twice about putting food in his mouth, for him there's no difference between eating a sentient creature or a beast is the same thing.

He ate loads of criminal [human] espers in his previous life, he was allowed to do so because of his special status [a super high rank space mercenary], the only reason he didn't go rogue and ate anything he wanted is because he was still not strong enough, thinking about his age, he would have definitely gone rogue eventually and caused great scars to the world.

That's a pretty messed-up way to reincarnate people, cloning them without their awareness.

It also crossed my mind for a moment that the princess might be the little sister who stabbed him to death. Come to think of it, how did someone manage to assassinate him in the first place....

Aggregator gang
So he was a neutral guy before reincarnation and stayed that way, cool character, he’s not overly edgy but isn’t one of those holier than thou I refuse to kill types

Users who are viewing this thread