Re:Monster - Vol. 7 Ch. 63

Dex-chan lover
@unknownfactor so you're scared of an evil character introduced since the start as being evil, doing evil things?? or scared from the readers that got that and are explaining that to those that forgot that... or you don't remember what happened with the elf at the start or how he got the mayority of their wives (except for the main, vampire lady was from the same race so shared their common sense)

also applying our own common sense (and morals) in that world and with that race, really??

Dex-chan lover
Why doesn't he just make little mosquito versions of himself with the blood clone ability to go out and suck everyone's blood and get a bunch of skills that way instead.
"But he needs to eat the heart or the brain to successfully obtain them!"
Yeah but he also says that the more he consumes, the easier it is to obtain the skills. If he was consistently sucking everyone's blood like a leech or tick, eventually he'd succeed.
This would also be an easy way for him to obtain all of his allies abilities as well.

But I mean let's be honest. Logic has never been this series forte lmao.

@Knighto
Really the people who seem to idolize the MC without realizing at all what he represents, yeah. Since the start of the series they skirted around trying to make Aporou appear to care to some extent about humanity and he had some kind of code he followed, but as the series has progressed that's mostly been tossed aside. There were several times in the series where he wouldn't kill people unless provoked in some way. It's one thing if they want to build up to him becoming a real villain, but it feels more like the series has completely dropped all the pretext instead at this point without any real gradual build up to it. He's just suddenly all about eating powerful people regardless of who they are (so long as they're male).

also applying our human ideals and morals to a world written by humans for humans to read seems sensible, really!! What's the goal of the author? To try and paint this character as something to look up to or as some kind of awful reprehensible monster? The series seems to lean pretty heavily on self-insertion power fantasy, soooo...

Dex-chan lover
@Knighto
What the h*ll, that's not what unknownfactor was saying.
And no, Aparou wasn't introduced as an evil character at the beginning. He was a kid called Tomokui Kanata, who, even after he became a young goblin, generously helped his friends and gave the broken human hostages a chance to escape with poison.
Also, saying human readers can't apply human ideals and morals to that world is sophistry. Particularly since the only actual ideals and morals in the universe are human.

why are you guys confused by this? he's obviously been a psychopath from the start of the series sure he cares about his allies and friends but has no empathy for anyone else and only uses them for his own best interests. he's a textbook psychopath.

sure he gave the human hostages a way out but that was just to make him feel better. psychopaths always find a way to justify their actions to themselves like oh i did something nice so I'm all good. also when he helped the goblin friends at the start at first it was just to get some helpers to increase his own chances of survival but he ended up becoming friends with them.

psychopaths actually do care about people close to them but have no empathy or remorse in harming or using anyone else for what they want. for example one serial killer Russel Williams that killed 3 women and raped more had no remorse whatsoever for his 3 victims and didn't care that he was going to jail but cared deeply that his wife might be in trouble and what she would have to go through because of him.

For what it's worth, Rou got Pyrokinesis ages ago from eating a fire spirit stone, the wiki says he actually got Spirit Refinement Technique here.
Also, it says the 'god creator' skill should be called Divinely-Forged Form of the Otherworlder.

20-e371f02ae944ad8915407e7d0fd724289e9f5832ea5f04a7da5903056e941f02.jpg

finally! it's really satisfying seeing him kill some people for once, people bellow saying shit forgetting the reason why we read this manga, because the mc don't give a fuck about other's life but the one in his entourage

Dex-chan lover
@Northern a kid? he was a mercenary that ate people to gain more power and was killed brutally btw by a yandere childhood friend.
and my point is... you're reading the story on the monster side and he has always been working like that, guy has killed and raped, and drugged.
The thing is you're applying our rules to his environment and getting mad at that,
edit: what I'm trying to say, you're trying to apply our currently common sense in a kind of medieval time, the thing with world building in a story is understand the rules of their World and try to understand what the characters do around them.
why?? as @sexysolaire even goes further, the guy is a psycho (maybe a sociopath?), but the point still remains that the guy empathy meter is in the negative.
Remember the Revenger, guy got his village eradicated and the MC only helped for his plan on the long run, and 'cause as he was he wouldn't even gave him something if he ate him.

@unknownfactor also ideolize? that's just your assumption, and series like this has always been a power fantasy.

Dex-chan lover
Knowning that the MC can heal people, trick their minds into submission and simply subjugate them by sheer force (wasted human resources and his beloved super-mega-quality meat (infinite) with skills in it) makes me feel confused for quite a while already. The plot/novel author simply made him some half-assed psychopathic evil being in my opinion.

MD@Home
I really like how this manga follows the adventure of an unquestionably evil monster. No freudian excuses, no half-assed contrived coincidences, no divine will of the gods pulling the strings, just one evil mofo doing evil things without any shame.

@riger pretty sure he didn't just hunt and eat bad people and people who opposed him at this point. Rou eating humans is not a surprise, but rather the surprise is him actively looking for people to eat regardless of the people's agenda and what not.

@kitsunestorm65 since when did Rou had this kind of objective in mind? I never thought that he is the kind of guy who would actively and enthusiasticly look for people to eat, at least not from the chapters I've read previous from this one. pretty sure he always said something along the lines of "they fought me first, guess I'll defend myself and then eat them" or smth.

@knighto bruh, what's wrong with applying our common sense towards an MC that was deliberately created to have our own common sense? the whole isekai thing works with an MC that has similar common sense to us modern people, or at least modern japanese. and I am pretty sure those common sense he got was the one that made it so the goblins wouldn't rape the girla that are now part of his harem, or did you forget about that?

seriously the character of rou really made big shifts here all of a sudden. He was someone who would recruit first eat later, not a guy who would eat first ask questions later.
if the author actually just forgot about his character, really wish he'd incorporate a good reason to justify the shift in his actions, whether that maybe caused by his evolution or smth.
I don't understand why people would think that this is something that he has done from day 1. Maybe those people need to re-read this manga instead. I am really confident with my comprehension and memory since I've just only recently read the manga from the beginning to its latest release. Never once did I found him to be a murder hobo character. until now.

Dex-chan lover
@Argonautilus
Name two people that he has eaten that weren't enemies in some way.
I'm a little iffy on the mindbroken women that he gave poison to, admittedly. But aside from them I can't think of any. Nearly every human he has killed was invading his forest in the first place, trying to attack his new 'friends' the elves. And the rest were either bandits, thieves, or the noble faction that he's being paid to fight.

WANTING to eat something or someone for strength is one thing. But he has held back so far. The closest he came were the group fighting the fomor giant.

Dex-chan lover
@Argonautilus I get your point, but what I was trying to say the guy since the start doesn't have our common sense or morals, comparing these series with another one would be closer to Overlord where Mommon can't go over a certain point in emotion and can or can't kill people if he chooses (example what they did to the lizard people or they first attack in the kingdom, or would you say the people killed or kidnapped where bad ones, and if not for Cocytus they would have went extinct)
because my point was if you use your normal common sense or morals, why are you reading this MC or well you would get mad from a long time.

you know when he chose to kill the women it wasn't that samaritan or human choice, he still ate them, he saw the vast majority of the goblins as pawn, as already mentioned by another user, Rou is a psycho. They hunted smart monsters like orcs and kobolds (and they weren't a threat to the goblins at the time, but he wanted their abilities).
Also his choice to prove his rules with the other hobgoblins was savagely torturing. He gave the elves aphrodisiacs to make them succumb, that's already a death flag (ntr shit n stuff)... to the desserters he gave them daggers with his blood just to get more info... I could still go on, but if you apply your common sense there is little that Rou did that wasn't inhuman, yet not "ingoblin", and these are just in the earlier arcs.

Crap. I forgot Apollo is always ruthless 😅

Yep, common sense doesn't really apply to this kind of series.

Yeah he's a monster no doubt about it and I guess there's no point in wishing now that it would change. Though it would be great to see everything taken from him now if he meets someone capable of taking him down for once.

Users who are viewing this thread