Re:Monster

Group Leader
@Hexador
Well, I don't think "glorify" is the word I would use, exactly.
Also, only if you have problems distinguishing fiction from reality, yo. /o/

@Yamibi
Ya know, I was never actually talking about people disliking the series in general (did that scene you mentioned even happen?),
I was talking about some people apparently making it their lives mission to make sure everybody and their mother know how much they hate it too. Repeatedly. Whenever the series is updated.
Instead of, you know, simply ignoring the series from there on and actually reading something they enjoy.
Is that really such a strange concept?

Dex-chan lover
@Carnage: Guess what's sillier than getting mad at how bad a manga is: getting mad at the guys getting mad about how much it sucks. I don't see anything wrong with people criticizing stuff if the critique is warranted, and in this case it obviously is.

This series is fucking stupid but I'm in too deep to quit now.

Edit: Actually I changed my mind, I'm dropping this.

Double-page supporter
@criver Nothing is above criticism, anyone who says otherwise is living in a fantasy land, but it's still great fun to piss in their cornflakes.

@Yamibi I don't understand why some people can't separate fiction from reality, no one is going to mentally simulate a situation like that for some obvious moral lesson, and a lot of people actually really like dark things such as rape, murder, and slavery in their fiction, I know I do.

@Hexador And you can take your well-intentioned authoritarian bullsh*t elsewhere.

I see a lot of talk about rape from this manga but the only two things I've seen that were rape in this story so far was him and the female knight. Though she did agree to let him do whatever he wanted to her if he won. Then of course at the start when that old goblin knocked up one of the women before he offered them poison. (I cannot count the elves as they knew well they were consenting to it and didn't mind it at all afterwards.) Just my opinions, you're welcome to disagree with it. - I personally hate rape in stories I read and yet the only thing that bothered me was the start.

Yeah man, those prisoners who were caught and drugged for 8 days totally asked to be fucked by him at the end so it's 100% consensual, unlike with those bastard rapist gobs who raised him. Wasn't chapter 15 great as well where half the space was taken up by inner-monologue and he outfucked a literal fuck-spirit? I love how it's written like a shopping list too, makes it easy to understand for us mouth-breathers. Finally, an isekai for the workingman.

Group Leader
The people complaining about rape here totally didn't read anything in a Dark Fantasy setting (Berserk, Übel Blatt, etc).
If you don't like it, don't read it. You didn't know the background story of goblins in fantasy worlds (the "general" one) ? Now you do.

It's pointless to fight each other about rape/not rape whatever, this is fiction, this is a Dark Fantasy setting even if the tone is light. It doesn't "prone" anything, it doesn't glorify any wrong-doing ("wrong" as seen in our world). Fiction, you know.

Now, I don't mind you saying you dislike it "because of that", after all it may help people avoid this manga because they'd dislike this kind of things too. There are just a lot of unnecessary sentences beside your opinion of the manga. If we could keep it civil, this would be nice ? Last shot was aimed at both sides ?

Double-page supporter
@gaylard Okay, comparing it to a shopping list made me lol, I can just imagine him humming casually while banging each one with a checklist in hand.

Dex-chan lover
Is less about rape per se and more about of Rou mentality of anything that cant be beaten to submission can be fucked to submission. I admit that is the kind of "bad manga that is good due to how bad it is" but is kinda annoying Rou attitude "i fuck them until they are loyal to me thanks to my ogre dong durr" or "if i drug someone its not rape" Rou is basically a human on a monster's body that every time he does something questionable he always very conviently retorts to "im a monster durr".

Its the same thing as Maou no Hajimekata, females on the story only serve as fucktoys/subordinates/allies like if they were brainless idiots, as if they were born to just serve the MC, and thats saying something considering on how manga tend to portrait females in general

Rape on Berserk is different because even if sometimes use fantasy themes, it serves a purpose on the story, and have consecuences, here is "oh new gal of the week ill drug her, fuck her, and then she becames loyal to me for plot reasons and becomes a background character unless plot demands her again". Only the initial girls were somewhat spared of this treatment and yet everyone is jumping on Rou boner like if he were the last male in existance

Also is annoying that the premise of starting as a weak monster is almost instantly thrown out of the window becoming a high tier character in matter of 34 days since he was born (13 days for hobgoblin) and getting high tier equipment for ... plot reasons (yeah lets live near an old forgotten high tier magic armory, because what are the chances?). Every MC has plot armor but sometimes here is up to eleven

Group Leader
@criver
If you think I was getting mad you didn't actually read what I said. I actually mentioned I was amused by it. Nor was I criticizing peoples criticism either.
Quite honestly, I couldn't care less how you personally feel about the series.
What I did say is that I don't understand why people would go out of their way to spend their freetime on something they loath.
I don't understand it. I mean you're making an active effort just to wallow in negative emotions. You're basically just hurting yourself.
And, well, why would you want to do that? You could just spend that same time, the same mental energy doing something you actually enjoy.
But well, if you think spending your freetime on being angry instead of enjoying yourself is better, then... well, good on you, I guess. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I dont understand why people get so upset about this manga, its just low iq, retard satiating isekai shit nothing more nothing less. There is more correlation to things like the Kardashians and Jersey shore than to any other stories within the same medium as it relates to this story. So dont get mad at it rofl just except its garbage and those that read it unironically at low iq individuals similar to Jersey Shore followers and nothing like other high IQ consumers of much more palatable isekai shit tip* tip* Mlady.

Dex-chan lover
@Carnage: The irony of your comment though. Try as you might to rationalize others' behaviour to fit your narrative, it simply does not work. Or maybe you're just that deluded.
It's a good thing some people realize this work's flaws and discuss them - that's what the comments are for. You should rather stop worrying about others "wasting their mental energy" and focus on not wasting your own "mental energy".

Dex-chan lover
if you dont like this manga then get the fuck out, go watch your yuri or BL crap, this manga is fucking godtier

Double-page supporter
@Bearil So you aren't fond of collector-type harems for the usual reasons, and you don't like it when the MC is too OP for the usual as well, fair enough, I actually love Maou no Hajimekata, I even bought the volumes on Amazon after it was licensed, so we'll just have to chock it up to people having different taste in junk food.

Group Leader
@criver
What irony, exactly? I'm actually grinning from ear to ear reading these.
I'm also not sure what narrative you're talking about. I'm actually curious about this, no joke.
Why so prickly, dude?

Holy shit the amount of cringe and trolling in the comments is crazy, read it or don't. Shit like this is why people have a negative view on manga/anime.

Group Leader
@TheMonSon couldn't agree more with you.
What bullshit are we reading in the comments, wew.

Btw, this manga has so many names/abilities/etc there's even a wiki ? ?

ITT: People who secretly enjoy the manga, and read each chapter religiously. Then come to the comments section to bitch and moan about how morally reprehensive this thing is, just so they can feel less guilty about enjoying this.

I noticed the trend in batoto. It's always the same few people who claim to hate the manga, but everytime there's an update, they check in like clockwork lol.

Aggregator gang
Oh boy...i had read in a previous chapter that some human girl got pregnant with some goblin's kid and even gave safe birth to it but these girls got pregnant with an ogre's kid....and judging by how ch 42 ended it seems things are gonna get dangerous for them...

Heheh yes, look at those IMBECILES who dare to have an opinion on the internet or even worse, those backwater cretins who believe that the MASTERPIECE known as Re:Monster isn't the mostly finely written piece of literature on this manga site yet still read it. Truly only a FOOL would spend around 2-10 minutes reading something each month that they don't believe is PERFECT like this exceptional manga and even WORSE, attempt to discuss its imperfections. They are the TRUE reason normies bully us and refuse to understand our intense passion. I look forward to the next chapter (43) where he delivers his little ogre babies from #3 and #4 of the female collective, with any luck it'll be similar to kiwi birds and their eggs.

Users who are viewing this thread