Reader Not Working on Firefox :fixed:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Double-page supporter
@BraveDude8

Mind to post analytics regarding browser/version usage so people will finally stop fairy tales about 10% of outdated browsers.

zx4

@jdjohndoe13 well, if the whole XUL-addon browsers combined aren't anything to consider in the statistics then fine, tho he said it was 0.1% n was probably referring to Old-FF alone, but sure if its really 0.1% from the statistics and not assumption....

that being said, i wonder how small is 0.1% w the scale of mangadex today, considering its just a small fix w a Pollyfill n nothing else, if i understand correctly....?

@jdjohndoe13
Any recommendation for me?
Samsung Adroid 7.0 Chrome 72. Images loading only in incognito mode with or without logging in Mangadex.
Infinite load screen for images while on normal tabs, with or without mangadex sign in. Also torr did not load images as well. Same with samsung internet.(didn't even load in private tabs)
I have no add ons. Tried Vpn / changing ports / 4G nothing worked.
I have an "older samsung phone" but is adroid 8.0 (wierd) though with chrome 70(even older version) . And its working fine in both tabs. I would read on it but the screen is too small and cracked.
Any feed back helps.😀

Head Contributor Wrangler
Staff
Super Moderator
@zx4 @jdjohndoe13

https://caniuse.com/usage-table

unknown.png

@BzzBzz For you, as well.

Double-page supporter
> is the statistics of mangadex public somewhere btw?
Don't think so :)

> i wonder how small is 0.1% w the scale of mangadex today
Well, there's about 2.9M registered users at the moment. Some of these are spambots. Do your math.

Dex-chan lover
@zx4
The statistics was requested. It's up to admins to decide whether they want to publish it or not.
The solution for old version of Firefox is available. Another user (theo1996) has just confirmed that it works even for Firefox 48.
Right now I think there is no point to sit in one's hands and bother the devs to fix the reader for the users of the old browsers. To put it bluntly: they don't see the issue, they don't care, they won't fix. And I'm in no way being rude / sarcastic / disrespectful towards them. Their motivation is perfectly understandable. You just have to let it go and forget.
Solutions (add-ons / browser update) have been provided.

Dex-chan lover
@DrMuhammad
Sorry, no experience. But since
Images loading only in incognito mode
Then maybe there is something different when you start it in "normal" mode? I'd recommend reinstalling Chrome (i.e. uninstall, reboot the device, install it again), and, if that doesn't help, look up how to reset Chrome settings or emulate fresh install or uninstall it completely from your device.

Dex-chan lover
@DrMuhammad Chrome has versions of greasemonkey/tampermonkey/whatever one they use, the same method still would work. That said, I find it hard to buy this is an old firefox version issue, and think most of the posts in this thread are just being dicks to the admins here.

@BraveDude8 Anymore troubleshooting I can do? I can upgrade from firefox 86 to 87 if you want, but that doesn't seem likely to be the issue.

@BraveDude8 @jdjohndoe13
@maindish
Fire fox is working. And now chrome 72 seems to work as well. Thankyou!
I think wiping out cache partition of the phone helped. Not sure. Just did a restart.
Edit. I despise chrome new updates. They took so many features i liked already. Cant reinstall.

Double-page supporter
@BraveDude8

Well, that's worldwide statistics of browsers usage, no? I meant MD specific stats, however I don't think it will differ very much :/

Staff
Super Moderator
@BzzBzz We don't dig down as deep as they do, but from the info we *do* have it's broadly similar.

zx4

@BraveDude8 thank you for the stats ^^
and like i thought, not only you count old-FF alone, you count only v56, many ppl that reported were other versions (like v52=0.08%), i counted 0.37% total? of the FF users below v57.... and does that including PaleMoon users or not? also idk about Waterfox classic.... but there might be other XUL browsers as well.... i personally have a few....

but ok if you think 0.37% is still small enougth to ignore then i guess i have nothing to say.... but its defenetly not 0.02%, like i suspected....

Staff
Super Moderator
@zx4 It isn't 5% either, which is what you claimed, and there are plenty of other things that'll break the old browsers anyways. We're not the only site on the internet, other sites are going to keep breaking too, admit defeat and move to a modern browser or throw away your computer and live like a caveman in the woods. You can't expect outdated browers to work properly.

zx4

@jdjohndoe13 as i said im only posting it because i think mangadex is striving to be community oriented, and that i think its not a small part of its community, n tbh 0.37% doesn't feel small at all, especially considering mangadex is a massive community, so smaller % should be treated more as well i think in massive userbase places....
unlike palemoon where i never said a thing in their forum when the ignored their entire community....

@BraveDude8 i already said if you think 0.37% is small enough to ignore, then indeed its not 5% so im not complaining anymore, at this point its just a suggestion IF its an easy fix, and many ppl that reported the issue in discord earlier n here said they use v52, so it was working fine for them just before and thats the only issue r' now.... obviously its a sinking ship atm, but its a tiny fix for 0.37% for a lasting bit more time for them, mby its something to consider, thats all i have to say at this point i guess....
and thanks for the mangadex update and all regardless ^^ .

>Instead of writing 10 lines of code to fix this, I think I'm going to write about 50 lines of English to tell people why I won't type 4% as many characters of code to fix it

Anyway, the Greasemonkey solution does not work for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread