Realist Maou Niyoru Seiiki Naki Isekai Kaikaku - Vol. 1 Ch. 1

Group Leader
I don't usually follow a manga just because there's a girl I liked...
I lied. I always do.

Double-page supporter
only thing going thru my head is"that's the realist ni.... demonlord"

Dex-chan lover
... it feels as if I am reading dungeon defense, a korean novel...

Double-page supporter
@AbuHajaar
google says pragmatist aren't swayed by emotions but we clearly see the DL swayed at the end by the slave

Pragmatist strictly fits better since it's the distinction of whether one is simply realistic, as in an individual who has a firm grasp on reality and operates on facts, whereas someone who is pragmatic is practical. Something like "go kill the hero when he's a kid" is not a fact-based world view, it's a practical decision based on factual information; all pragmatists are realists, but not all realists are pragmatists.

That said, it's a moot point since the title uses リアリスト for "Realist", though the chapter-by-chapter translations might be somewhat less chunky if they occasionally subbed out the term.

hope to release more of this manga and hope that the following chapters dont become boring or shits

Aggregator gang
Do he realize that sending killers to the soon to be hero kid is the plot of classic rpg and doing so became a self fulfilling prophesy. Most rpg that i know have that background and the attack trigger them being a hero.

If he really gonna do the killing he better make sure who he killed is the hero as most rpg they are usually away and the attack is the catalyst for the hero becoming a hero or the one he attack is not the hero but someone very dear to him/her . He better do it in stealth or make other human especially a noble do it. Doing so will make the hero if survived hate the nobility more.

This is similar to the novel "a simple job of perishing by the hero" although that one is more kind(for a demon lord) and his approach to heroes is countering with his own hero. His actions depends on the situation and he adjust and change it when new information is discovered.

Dex-chan lover
Ha! This might be fun.

That said, I have to say that I find the execution to be a little lacking. It's hard to put into words, but the way the story was told starting from the flashback felt...shallow? Hollow? Some sort of sincerity felt like it was missing. I'll still read, since I love "Common Sense" being in itself the cheat.

Hope this goes somewhere cool.

Dex-chan lover
@Jeirien See, the thing is, this world established that there's a given hero per demon lord regardless. That hero is fated to kill them even if he doesn't go after them first, so there's no reason to not go for the easiest opportunity, because indeed, just giving a hero an opportunity to become really strong is the worst possible move, even if going after them at the start is tropey.

It's not like the Maou wants to wipe out a village anyways, he wants to wipe out a specific hero-to-be.

Anyways, we'll see how this goes, I could see it having some bad execution like you expect, or see it being done decently, since the whole premise is him being a 'realist', someone who'd actually do a proper job of it.

Aggregator gang
huh... this remind me of novel "Dungeon Defense"...

https://shalvationtranslations.wordpress.com/dungeon-defense-toc/

So far it's eh... Feels like we are diving head 1st into the story which is fine but at least one page could have been dedicated to the overview of the demon lords. ATM all we have is our own ideas about what's normal for a Demon Lord in this world so he could be acting just like one of the better Demon Lords.

Does it seem to anyone else feel that this is a dungeon defense jp style without sex / psycho?

XL

Dex-chan lover
Realist real of realism realistically speaking. Seriously all he did is talking and ordering around. Go lift some weights or something you fat ass demon for, FOR REAL.

Aggregator gang
Now I also want to read the other chapters, if I am not mistaken others or at least chapter 2 had surely come out.
But it doesn't matter, I'll wait, I'm in no hurry.
Thanks for the chapter. :D

Users who are viewing this thread