Rebirth: City Deity

Dex-chan lover
Why did you start translating in the first place if you were just going to delete the chapters in the end?

@sedition they do not really care about readers. Well, that's not really true, they care about paying readers. That's why they remove stuff when other people translate the same stuff. They don't want to compete.

i don't have any patron or whatsoever it is called. rest assured i will not delete my work.

Dex-chan lover
i literally cannot deal with how bad these translations are :'( see u guys in the next manga...

Group Leader
@sedition, I didnt plan to remove it but after Kisu started releasing subsequent chapters, reader have been leaving negative feedback while comparing the previous chapters. Thus, I've decided to remove them. Kisu would also be redo-ing those previous chapters using his Translation apps. Since readers only care abt speed of release. Not the quality/ content.

Thus, I've decided to do a new series instead of continuing this.

Well, if u r ever interested in reading the previous 16 chapters u can find them on manga aggregator web/app. They are still there.

Hey, thanks for the hard work. I'm just starting to read this series and I'm curious as to if/when chapters 2-15 will be released? I understand that you have a busy schedule so I was just curious. @Kisu

@Mineoh, I'm not sure I understand you. First you say that readers have been leaving negative comments while comparing Kisu's chapter quality to yours, but right after you say that "readers only care about speed of release".

I understand that negative comments are annoying and unnecessary, but I think removing the chapters only hurt readers that care about MangaDex.

Oh well, what's done is done I suppose.

Group Leader
@JakeRay Well, I saw on chapters that Kisu released, there were negative comments on his TL. Plus, becoz he started translating series I'm "doing", I decided to drop it. (Me and Kisu did came to an agreement that he will continue the series and "redo" the previous chapters using MTL). Yes. There are like 40+ chapters of raws available that hasn't been translated. Readers are happy that Kisu was releasing 3 chapters per week using MTL while I can only release a chapter weekly/biweekly. The previous chapters are only temporary unavailable. As I state, Kisu will fill up the "gap" whenever he's ready.

@Mineoh, see, I get all that. Removing chapters and letting Kisu take over is totally fine.

I just get frustrated when translators says "readers are happy/angry about...", totally putting ALL readers in one category. It totally ignores the silent majority. When translators make decisions based on a few unwanted comments (that every single content creator gets), it only irritates the silent, satisfied readers.

My only complaint is that this decision, to remove the chapters prematurely, seems to only hurt readers on MangaDex. It's just forcing people to look for aggregators.

@Mineoh - thank you for getting me interested in this story - and yes - people do seem to want speedy releases "instant gratification" seems to be the story of the world these days buggerit :\
If people actually understood that "a good foundation" means a whole lot more in life than just a sentence in a comic, the world would be a better place *sigh*

Could you please consider putting up a chapter or two after Kisu does his mtl for comparison so we can see and appreciate the difference that you made?
...At the very least Kisu tries to edit the mtl stuff to be logical in english, unlike that new doctor one that started today - thats truly painful to try and understand.

Being first is not always best....

Group Leader
@cbDrift well, thank you for your support ^^ However, I have 2 bad news for you. As I had decided to drop this series, I've deleted all original copies of my TL. Thus, I don't have any back up. I can seek help from MD to restore the chapters up to ch.16 but I doubt they have the removed files in their database. Secondly, when I dropped this series, I took on 2 other series. Thus, I have my hands full now. So, I won't be continuing the Translation of Rebirth: City Deity. If you are interested in the 2 series I'm translating, here're the links:
https://mangadex.org/title/42211/disease (Disease)
https://mangadex.org/title/43415/daxiangwuxing-taoist (Taoist)

Thank you =D

Why is it that certain chapters come out blurry as hell, to the point where it's unreadable?

Is it just me? Chapter 32 for instance is unreadable to me both on my computer and phone

@Mineoh - I'm enjoying the disease one, the art in it looks really good and the concept is pretty cool so far - i'll check the taoist one out :) Take care and know that people do enjoy what your do :) thanks again!

gawds there are a ton of new and promising looking stories out there that are being butchered by mtl, no editing and no understanding of english at the moment - its almost depressing enough to learn a new language so i don't miss out on the story :)

Group Leader
The chapters (up to ch.16) have been restored for the sake of readers.

@cbDrift great that u enjoyed both series =)

Supporter
All chapters other than the last posted (36) are broken for me. Can't load them :'(

tao

Chapter 40 only the first half loads 2nd half is just blank (grey) except last page loads

Grazie a chi traduce questa serie in italiano!!!!
La adoro e spero continuerete a tradurla come state facendo!!!!
GRAZIEÈEE

Users who are viewing this thread