Rebuild World - Vol. 3 Ch. 13

I'm calling it, this is going an anime adaptation. I read the novel, but the manga is beyond my imagination.

Dex-chan lover
here it is boys. the kind of MC who resorted to murder in short span.
notice the dude he's dragging is still alive on last panel

Dex-chan lover
@Acolytus It's explained better in the novels because the novels actually voice her inner thoughts

She's not pissed that she's a figurehead, she's super scared because Akira basically starts pissing off a bunch of random dudes, threatens to dump her body in a wasteland, and then dumps all the responsibility of running the gang (where she could be killed anytime) on her, and the gang is only made up of little kids. basically Akira = unpredictable. Sheryl = completely stressed in her sudden rush for survival in the slums.

The LN is really good btw, I recommend you guys give it a read. Very well written.

Dex-chan lover
Holy shit he's sending one hell of a message. The anti harem protag that nobody else is willing to create

@kernub I think that might just be the way she speaks sometimes. She's kinda glitched and
sort of reminds me of how the witch in GS speaks where she only speaks 1 word at a time, but in this case she repeats entire sentences. but I don't think it really means anything too deep.

Double-page supporter
LN readers please tell me that elena,sara and shizuka get more screentime than fucking sheryl cuz every chapter with her in it makes the chapter worse.

Group Leader
Dem. That's one way of sending a message.

TFW you have no AI Alpha to teach you will being naked. Real world sucks. lmao.

Dex-chan lover
Hey Sheryl is trying her best!
I do hope she doesn't end up feeling the need to backstab Akira though.

@Mitsuboshi ehh not really? Sheryl still gets the most screentime out of the 3 but her character development later on makes it interesting so I don't have an issue with it. It is pretty annoying right now though. Elena and Sara get a good amount of screentime in either the next arc or the arc after that (I don't know which chapter this is in the light novel and I'm too lazy to look it up.) Shizuka doesn't which is sad, she gets screentime but Sheryl still gets the most out of the 3. The later arcs introduces 2 new girls that will be important to the story so their screentimes will get cut into a little more.

Dex-chan lover
Dude! He's legit john wicking right now!!! Just how he helped that russian mafia get to the top he will make sheryls gang top tier lul!!!

Love this series. Awesome digital waifu support, post apocalyptic world and mc not shying away from killing others all while looking epic doing so.

@Mitsuboshi

Elena and Sara appear every now and again, often giving Akira their old equipment and generally chilling out with him. They eventually realize that Akira:
1. was their unnamed savior, thus leading to some cute teasing and fluff
2. is possibly connected to the Old World, leading them to promise not to expose him. (People with connections to the Old World have a high value and are sought after by the black market and the corporate government for experimentation and other dangerous stuff.)

Shizuka appears frequently and looks after him, introducing weapons and technologies to him and chastising him for taking risks and getting himself beat up. He grows quite fond of her; when a rival gang member (formerly one Sibea's gang members) threatens to hurt her if he doesn't surrender the territory over, Akira blows his brains out with zero hesitation.)

Once Akira stops being an unpredictable "landmine child" and Sheryl emotionally stabilizes, Sheryl turns into a confident and surprisingly dominant/aggressive leader. With their new access to a supply of weapons, the gang goes from a bunch of defenseless slum children to an actual respectable gang (of only children) that sell food to hunters and sometimes hunt monsters. Ever aware of her increasing 'debt' to Akira, she strives to make herself and the gang 'worth' to keep around, all the while suppressing her inner fear that he'll abandon her. Prepare for some aggressive stress-relief snuggling in the future.

If you haven't already, I suggest y'all read the novel. The author put a surprising amount of effort into fleshing out the world, the technologies, the thoughts of surprisingly most characters, the culture and "common sense", and the backgrounds of side characters.
The translator below releases 1-2 chapters every weekend on Sat/Sun. There's currently up to 68 chapters out in English, and each chapter is fairly long.
https://www.divinedaolibrary.com/rebuild-world/

Edit: Looks like the scene where Akira murders the dude for threatening to hurt Shizuka was in this chapter. I forgot that the manga skips through a lot of the side details, world building, and filler that in the novel. In the novel, there are rarely any time skips.

Double-page supporter
Feel like Sheryl's gonna be super op in the future. She has a lot of guts for someone who's so scared and #stressed. Looking forward to future development!!

Users who are viewing this thread