Recommend a strategy game

Dex-chan lover
Share your favorite
Thinking man's video game
With the rest of us.

cove3.jpg

TGN

Dex-chan lover
Plants vs. Zombies. A true GOAT of a game, at least before it got microtransactioned into oblivion. Luckily we can pirate it, and mod it to make it even better.

Dex-chan lover
Why does it have to be a computer game? Axis & Allies gets no love....

(But Panzer Corps is fun too.)

Dex-chan lover
I know hoi4 is more strategy focused when it comes to paradox games but ck and Stellaris hold a special place in my heart. I'm also a big TW fan mostly play Warhammer but my roots started in the historical. Also surprised no one has mentioned Civ yet.

Contributor
I know hoi4 is more strategy focused when it comes to paradox games but ck and Stellaris hold a special place in my heart. I'm also a big TW fan mostly play Warhammer but my roots started in the historical. Also surprised no one has mentioned Civ yet.
Because civ is not so good too much casual game...

Double-page supporter
Dwarf fortress

Embark with simple ambitions
Mine up some lemonite and marble to begin steel production.
Make a few underground zoos
Accidently tame a pair of breeding dragons...

BREED AN UNSTOPABLE HORDE OF TEETH AND SCALES AND TAKE OVER THE CIRCUS

build a strawberry farm and winery with clown bones as fertilizer in the circus
Open a 5 star inn with a beautiful view of the lava sea which looks upon a giant wall you built to keep out more clowns

Depends if you're talking about PC only games vs table top stuff. I found a lot of the older games, like from 1970s-80s-90s had quite bit of good strategy games. PC games, you can find some free or old games try run. I'm bit of scifi nerd so i to elevate to that way. I personally like the scifi game Battletech (2018), or the free java MegaMek (still going and updated....) You can use it multiple ways from tactical, strategic, one off game. It's more 2D visually of a game though, just be aware of that.

Users who are viewing this thread