Regarding troll scanlations

Hi, I still don't know how to upload in mangadex, but my scanlations have text that I used google translate in.

here is a sample of the page, however the text does not reflect the meaning in the original japanese text.

This is the entire chapter: Warning: It's manga VERSUS Chapter 14
1. my question is, is other languages allowed if they reflect the same meaning in the original text? eg. "I love you", to "Jaime'te"(i loev you in french)

2.next, if not allowed is alternative speech in english allowed?
Eg. "This is amazing!" to "This be bussin fr fr"

It's totally trash translation. :)
i have not mastered zoomer talk yet, i am trying to improve myself in zoomer talk like rizz, bussin, cap, fr fr, and many more.

i am also a beginner in scanlation, i am not using photoshop.
anyways, it is unfortunate but I don't think zoomer language is accepted for translations, with some exceptions.
thanks for the information everyone

Dex-chan lover
yea, I saw that in the guidelines. I was wondering if ebonics/zoomer slang was allowed as translation
It is allowed if the original text makes use of a similar slang: for example, if a character speaks in a heavy Hokkaido dialect, than you can use a dialect that in your language is associated to rural areas. This may hamper readability, so use it sparingly, unless people not understanding the dialect is actually a point made in the manga.
Another example would be gyaru's speach, you could try to employ slang habitually used by influencer and the such of them...
Long story short, don't use it because you find it funny, use it when it was already there in the first place.

Dex-chan lover
If it bothers you that much, then don't read it and block the scanlator. Don't ruin it for everyone else that enjoys the work. Don't go around calling everything you don't like trolling, stop abusing the rules for your own opinion and agenda.

Custom title
Staff
Developer
yea, I saw that in the guidelines. I was wondering if ebonics/zoomer slang was allowed as translation
There's obviously no blanket ban on using language that is in common usage in the current year, that'd be ridiculous.

That said, it's not a get-out-of-jail-free card when evaluating whether any individual translation appears to have been made for trolling or not.

It is allowed if the original text makes use of a similar slang: for example, if a character speaks in a heavy Hokkaido dialect, than you can use a dialect that in your language is associated to rural areas.
To be clear, this is not true. We don't have any kind of specific rules regarding "allowed" language use.

Users who are viewing this thread