Reincarnation no Kaben

Group Leader
And that's all for this week. There are still 3 pages about Kouu and Charlotte at the end of vol 7, but I think I'll do that later. I really hope someone or group translate this manga. While waiting, I guess I'll do it again next weekend. Thank you.

Dex-chan lover
This manga successfully made me Google things to learn about history.

Hey, how come volumes 9 have two covers? Do they sell these volumes with two different covers in Japan? Never seen that before.

if it can get some sort of teary eyedness from me then its a 10, so this series will be a 10 from me

This manga is great, but there is one thing that just makes me pissed off. Is there any point for MC's existence? He's literally doing nothing at most chapters

wait what I thought this was completed? isn't this the one where there's the guy who has an apple head?

Dex-chan lover
The only way to tell the main characters from the side characters apart are to see if they don't die within a couple of chapters after their introduction cause everyone is equally shiny and unique in here. Would be nice if the side characters have more weight to them other than story fodder tho. They all seem way too interesting for the author to just go "K your part is done now go die".

This is the reason why one should not trust any average scoring system ever. Because this one got rated 8.33 out of 10, with a narrative that bends over backward, defying all establisehed logic and conventions of the story so that the author can give the MC a broken ability and come across as smart doing it. The MC's intelligence and tenacity are, at best, informed attributes that only come into play when the author needs to pull some "just as planned" asspull with no foreshadowing whatsoever. Every single character (save for the MC's girlffriend) breaks their own characterization in order to establish the MC as some sort of "victim" we're supposed to root for, which is a trope all too common in works aimed at a demographic likely to have revenge fantasies on society, evident in just about every shitty isekai with a bullied protagonist. This shit is just a worse Fate, and the bar is already pretty low there.

Users who are viewing this thread