Release That Witch - Ch. 73 - Witch Union

Group Leader
On ubuntu the font manager is already installed if you didn't choose the light installation

see you guys say you don't care, but then add "as long as" really doesn't help in making it believable.....I'm sure there are a ton of fonts that are "readable" but can make you cringe or go WTF.....

Double-page supporter
All of you stop whining. Series gets abandoned for whatever reason and someone was kind enough to keep it going yet you freeloading bastards are complaining that the font isn't perfectly to your tastes? Most of us can barely even tell the difference between fonts.

I've never seen ANYONE complain about fonts on other translations, and I know they don't all use the same one. So how about you all calm the fuck down and enjoy the series?

imagine giving up all the functionality and ease of use that comes with Windows because you want to feel like a tech geek on Linux. I heard that every distro comes with a lisp.

Double-page supporter
And I'm not posting any more chapters unless this continues.
I'm not sure what this sentence was supposed to say, binary (what is "this" and how will it "continue"?), but between that and the condescending font instructions, I can smell the crusty salt from here. If you're dropping the series, just come out and say so. We'll be fine, we have an army, and I don't care what font they use.

Double-page supporter
""I don't care at all about the font, so I have no idea what people are talking about. As long as it isn't some weird cursive that makes it small and hard to read..""

Omg this is a troll post yea he cant actually be serious...i dont care at all.....BUT DONT DO THIS!!!

@TheGoodFella That girl is mentioned in the novel but
iirc has no relevance to the plot and may or may not get killed offscreen at one point

Group Leader
Yes I know how to get different/"better" fonts. Actually it is a bit easier on Windows than what you described (at least for my case: https://streamable.com/7z724)
but since you seem to be willing to translate chapters again if I continue to use comic sans, there is no need to change the font. Remember that I am not interested in translating this Series. I only do it because I enjoy reading it and want to enable this experience for everyone.

Double-page supporter
@creamedice
imagine giving up all the functionality and ease of use that comes with Windows because you want to feel like a tech geek on Linux.
I was something of a tech geek on Windows before, so I'm not sure that has anything to do with what OS you use. Having recently switched to Linux Mint (essentially Ubuntu), I'm more of a newb than before.

What functionality have I given up? Sorry I don't see it.
Ease of use? I guess that depends on what distro you use. Linux Mint is pretty damn familiar to anyone used to Windows though. And you can just Google for whatever isn't amazingly apparent from the start.

@BlueThunder
Using "autistic" as an insult isn't cool.
I'm on the spectrum myself, and I gotta say GET OVER IT. It isn't good to be so damn sensitive about everything. Neither is it "noble" of you to get offended over shit that the people themselves aren't likely to be offended over. Doesn't that really mean you are (subconsciously) looking down on me? I don't need your protection from "mean words", thanks.

Perhaps I misunderstand you. Perhaps you are also on the spectrum and you where offended on a personal level... in that case BUCK UP.

Users who are viewing this thread