Remake Our Life!

Group Leader
It was surprisingly good.
This is a fun manga. Fun to translate and fun to read. Nobody seems to be reading this, I had some temptation to drop it but I'll keep the train going for a couple more chapters at least, in hopes of it catching people's attention.

This is a biweekly manga. We need translators and redrawers for this, but even if you can't help, join our Discord!

Dex-chan lover
Is there an official genre name for this type of time travel story?

Fed-Kun's army
“I wasted 10 years of my life!”

ha ha, amateur

No but honestly though, what a depressing way of looking at your life and your possibilities if you conclude that you're not going to make it as a creator, simply because of picking the wrong school when you were still a kid. Now, it's another thing entirely if you aim to be something like a world class gymnast or pop idol or violinist(?), but although difficulty may scale with age, there's certainly no upper age limit to becoming a producer or programmer or writer or composer or illustrator. (Nobel literature prize winner Toni Morrison debuted at age 39. J.K. Rowling wrote Harry Potter when she was 30. In visual novel territory, Gen Urobuchi was 28 when he debuted with his first game script.)

I do read and enjoy many of these life-redo-stories, but that's kind of a problem I have with many of them: they are defeatist. They're appealing (hell, I'd probably go for it), but also depressing. When the story is “I'm a loser but I reincarnated/transported/time-traveled and have a second chance to be a winner, but now with cheats I didn't actually earn”, it's basically reinforcing the idea that if your life sucks then you're just F'd, nothing you can do but get God to give you a second chance and some godly training wheels – and us readers don't get to meet God.

Sorta like ReLIFE, yeah, but also not: ReLIFE is about redoing a year of high school to deal with grown-up mental/social issues, without the aid of precognition. It was always only going to be temporary.

Not that any of this is to be taken as criticism of the genre or of this work as such. Just saying that if you think about it, it's not very inspiring. At least it isn't to me.

Group Leader
*after reading novel*

I can’t call this ReLIFE... this is college Re:Zero... that was somewhat intense and insightful.

I can’t wait for Volume 3 to 5 to be adapted... also hoping for anime since this is technically at the forefront of MFJ already

This will be interesting. Wonder if (or rather when) he will meet those three "Shiny" Creators, and how he reacts.

Dex-chan lover
this manga have moe artstyle yet the writing style is closer to aoi honoo instead bakuman, i like it

also, im not sad

@Sceleris It's not a matter of him deciding he'll lack the skill because he went to a different school, it's a matter of opportunity. Japan's society is still, and likely always will be, very heavily swayed by the prestige of particular names and reputations. This is why kids are pressured so much to study their lives away (to very mentally unhealthy degrees) and get into well acclaimed schools- it's in many ways as much for simply the name of the school in their profile as it is what the institute is capable of teaching them. He been very conditioned to feel that if he was going to succeed in this passion of his, he needed the right school to his name to have the opportunity to do so, the school's name gets his foot in more doors, so not going there when he had the chance was his critical mistake that cost him 10 years of his life. In reality, yeah he could still become a breakout success even at 28 like he is in 2016, Urobuchi being a decent example and there's many others we could use, but that's not the main point of the matter regarding why he's thinking the way he is. You're not wrong in saying he's being defeatest about it all but the country is likely full of people who feel like he does over some subject; your life can so very easily get railroaded in a society that mostly still thinks being almost literal corporate slave is the adulthood to strive for.

Power Uploader
Time travel and manga/anime creator storyline (bakuman?) rolled into one?

Instafollow.

Dex-chan lover
Atleast he doesnt act like a 10-year old when asked about 'who do you like?'

Users who are viewing this thread