Remarried Empress - Ch. 17

Is this the first time Rashta refered to herself as"I"?! (in her thoughts)

Also did that creeper r*pe her? That's terrible.

@sweet-potato
You're welcome.

@eminyan
Lol. I don't mind, especially since their situation is really rant inducing 😆
I mean, Rashta is no angel, but Sovieshu is the one who really caused this mess. Oh wait, she IS an "angel" to Heinley because she caused the emperor to drop his IQ and have him deliver Navier to Heinley's arms.

@shiirosagi
If I have to guess why he's being sh*tty to Navier...
*Analysis contains spoilers for later chapters
*contains really spoiler tidbits of future chapters
As mentioned before, Navier and Sovieshu are actually childhood sweethearts. They trust and depended on each other so much so that even when it's common for emperors to have concubines, she actually thought that Sovieshu might actually be one of the few rare emperors who will never have one and be loyal to the empress (but her ideals were crushed when Rashta came). Now for the why I put it into spoiler.. The tragedy of this relationship is that they actually love each other but never realized it as they are raised to prioritize duty over personal feelings. Navier only realized she loves Sovieshu when she found out that he's planning to divorce her. Sovieshu only realized after she remarried. As for why he was acting against her, it seems not because he loves Rashta to the point he's going against her, but because he feels guilty for cheating her and he covers it up by putting the blame on her. He's playing the "it's because you're so cold that I'm searching for warmth with another woman". Remember the first chapters when Rashta came? She thought Sovieshu would bring her up during their meal but he never did as if he wanted to hide it. When she brought it up, he acted defensive. It also seemed like he subconsciously wanted her to act jealous as a show of love, and it's his way of trying to put a crack on her ice wall. He always complained at her that she's cold and should have more compassion. He initially saw Rashta as a weak little lamb, and expected Navier to have the same mindset as him. There was one chapter where Navier basically told him that since he is Rashta's, he should go to her. He laughed at the notion and said "what are you talking about? I'm always yours". Well, not word for word, but I think he sees it that she and him are one as they are already husband and wife. They used to be on the same page so I guess he expects her to jump on board with all his antics as he sees he's doing it for her sake too (his baby is her baby mindset).

He likes Rashta for being different and a stark contrast to the empress (she gives him what he's looking for in Navier). But showed he doesn't really love his concubine as he doesn't really care to whoever man she gets entangled with like Duke Elgy (Rashta was quite upset he doesn't get jealous). Meanwhile, he jumps to action whenever Navier gets so much as becoming close and chatting with other males. He only jumps to Rashta when she cries and he felt the need to protect her. Navier never required protection from him as she's strong and was always an iron steel (in his mind). Although he does go cover up for Navier when there's a mess up (like he supported her when Rashta copied her dress for a party, not pursue the assassination attempt for the baby, etc). There was that time where Navier cleverly insinuated an insult to her and the baby during a party for baby shower. Rashta didn't get it and thought she's praising and blessing her, Sovieshu just ignored it and let her be. He didn't feel the need to defend Rashta then even when she was made a fool of. He just thought since she's ignorant about it, it's fine since she can't handle the truth anyway. Rashta's charm point for him is her ignorance, and ignorance is bliss~

Anyways, one of his biggest fail is that he failed at empathizing with Navier while he thought Rashta was easy to read and easy to please. His mind also went down the gutter when he received news he was having a baby which he coveted so much. He suspected Navier to be infertile due to what happened during their childhood. He was frustrated when Navier refused to see the baby in the same way he does. Not accepting the idea the baby was hers and refusing to recognize and adopt the child as royalty, he went for drastic measures. He only realized the sh*t he was putting her through after he experienced the same thing..

So in summary, he feels guilty for cheating Navier and so puts the blame to her as defensive mechanism. At the same time, he justifies his actions by looking at his concubine as a weak little lamb that needed him and his protection. He wasn't doing anything wrong since he's just helping the weak and he's free to have concubine (he also told her she can have a lover, except he rejects all those "foreigners" entangled with her). It's Navier who was being petty and small minded because she's not understanding him and doing as he wants and expects her to do.

It's probably along those lines.

😓😓😓😓Never knew that I'll be needing my high blood medications this early in life 😓😓

Dex-chan lover
rashta doodoo but what we are NOT gonna do is support a r*pist
ya - yiiiiiikes this development is waaay darker than i expected this series ever getting lmao

lord rumpi with potato scans pls bless us with the healing powers of shy heinley pls 😔🙏

After reading this for so long I just realized that this is probably the only manhwa I'm reading that isn't isekai/reincarnation/transmigration/villainess wow...

Also I'm excited I heard it's gonna be a drama soon XD

I just want Empress to be happy - all the idiots need to leave.

Thanks for the chapter!

Thank you @winterspring

I love reading spoilers, tbh, its my motivation to look forward to the upcoming chapters. Hahaha but damn, that was a big bomb you dropped. 🤣💕

Aggregator gang
@Winterspring I'm a novel reader too and I like your analysis. It makes sense because he really can't understand Navier unlike Heinley
who noticed some things like Navier becomes more composed when she's embarrassed. She said that no one noticed that before (I think)
It gave me new perspective on Soveishoe.

Fed-Kun's army
Baby??? And hits keep coming. Like I care..
Back to Heinly and the empress.. lol!!! At her attempt to feed him. Thank you!

@Winterspring thanks for the spoiler! I really enjoy it. Sovieshu is really a jerk. Even before I read the spoiler, I already have been questioning his actions towards Navier. I mean, Rashta and him are the one who did wrong. Why did he blame Navier? Ugh... This guy is disgusting.
And thanks to your spoiler, I'm going to read the novel! I can't wait to read the part when Navier remarried.

And Heinley almost ate worms 😂😂😂

Terima kasih translates nya. And sovieshu is a son of a bi@#h I hate him lol

After reading that massive spoiler, [/s their relationship is kinda sad, but at any point it could’ve gone way better. Like just fucking talk instead of thinking she’d just immediately go with your out of pocket plan instead of the rational thing which is get mad about being gaslighted, wtf?]
He just seems stupider than what I already thought he was.

You

What a cleanser for the eyes after seeing so much trashta
R6XMP0c_d.webp

Double-page supporter
I’m sorry. I don’t care if Rashta was a slave or if she had a bad life because it doesn’t excuse her current behavior. She is acting so entitled, acting as if everything belonged to her.

Dex-chan lover
I have a tiny bit of pity for Rastha, but barely worth any. I want to skip to the part where the FL tosses that blind king aside for the male lead.

Users who are viewing this thread