Remarried Empress

Honestly, the memes are one of the things keeping this in my reading list. That and the sheer desire to see the burning of the trash combo.

Idk y u r being jealous of her when u r the one who took in a useless trashta as a concubine. Since u never once look in navier's way ever since then. So don't be pulling a jealousy face at her. I hope this skip to the time where we get to see her marry to the prince.

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

The nerve of that trashy ass Sovieshu *pardon my language * he makes me soooooo * grabs the back of my neck out of anger to calm down *

This is good novel because author is not shipping trash with our cute queen, unlike others.
I hope not.

I think every character except Heinley is irritating, including the empress. She’s kind of jerk to Heinley and I read she doesn’t really warm up to him until the very end. On the other hand she never puts Trashta in her place, her whole thing is to brush it off. Trashta is also endlessly favored until the very end. It also makes so pissed she speaks in third person. If you want something to make your blood boil... read it. I head it has a karmic ending but ya know currently that’s far away.

@DreyDrey I don't know where this "end" is from but the novel is still very much ongoing. I'm assuming you mean where the novel unofficial english translation stopped and even then, they had to stop on such a cliffhanger idk how you thought it was the end. Her being cold to Heinley is understandable because he's the highly anticipated next king of the Western Kingdom... aka their rival. Navier also is not quite in touch with expressing her emotions or understanding them well. Her position as empress further suppresses it, I feel. She's a workaholic tbh and literally just want to do her job as empress.

And Trashta does start losing favor from the stupid emperor. It's honestly about to start showing in a few chapters. And again, it's a slow build up of losing that favor. On the other hand, yeah she doesn't put Trashta in her place because why does she need to exert herself for that. She needs to protect herself, her people, and her life job because trashy emperor actually holds power over her and has clearly shown time and time again that he'll side with the concubine for anything. Also, the chapter just explained why. She literally only knows this job. She will keep doing it despite the fact he loves Trashta and she's constantly being burned by him. But she wouldn't know what to do with herself if she loses her life purpose. If her putting Trashta in her place ends up with her being divorced and removed from the only purpose she knows, then yeah it's reasonable she doesn't do it.

Honestly this is very much a slow burn + build up with circumstances that can't just be dropped in the name of love. Well, unless you're a dumbass emperor who thinks that is possible! Anyways, yeah the series can make your blood boil but, for me, it's because of the trashy emperor. (Though I do agree her talking in third person is just 🙄 it also proves the point of her lacking education / plays into her favor of using her innocence...).

These romance drama manga just really aren’t my bag. The art is fantastic as is the norm (and wow do I wish these guys would draw anything besides romance) and the high society lifestyle is well depicted. The intrigue and rumors and pressure of reputation have an almost imposing pressure on the reader and I think that’s what turns me off so much. The idea of being trapped by duty so solidly, to be ensnared in a relationship that is so hideously toxic, to be so completely unable to free yourself without some convoluted plot devised by a sadistic author none of that appeals to me at all. At all. More power to the people who enjoy this but it’s just not for me. The absolute inability of the emperor to see even a glimmer of his wife’s side of things is just impossible to relate to. Like we’re taught from a young age by numerous stories and movies and media to try and put ourselves in the other persons shoes yet why are there so many manga and manhua that railroad plot points down our throats and allow some characters to entertain angry tirades and circular faulty logic at the expense of another character whose baffled inner monologues only we can read. You people that enjoy this stuff must have an iron stomach to put up with the bitterness and bile these scenes dredge up for me.

Users who are viewing this thread