Remarried Empress

Love thiss! I just cannot take it anymore that I’ve read the novel.
soo they gonna divorce she’s gonna be queen she’ll also know that queen the bird is heinley the emperor is still dumb queen and heinley is preparing for their wedding as well as the dumb emperor and trashta the emperor wants navier to regret something like that by planning his wedding to be grand and even made fake trashtas father as an official

this manhwa is very undeserving of almost 9 stars.
the characters are bland and unlikeable. though i have to give props on the female lead for not being a complete mary sue. rashta is an awful antagonist. we barely get any backstory for her and her motives are not understandable. all good villains have understandable motives, pitiful backstories, and relatable struggles. rashta only has a pitiful backstory - if that.
the world building is, of course, nonexistent. seriously? east, west, and south countries? they don’t even get names?? the bar has gotten so awfully low. the magic system is also never mentioned. there are magic rings and mages, but that’s all we know.
honestly the story lost its shine when the prince left for his own country. the main love interest not being there made it boring since he was easily the best character out of the bunch.
but that doesn’t explain the whole bird ordeal.
how does he turn into a bird? since when was he able to do this? how many people can do this? is it only the prince and that blue-haired man? does the rest of his country know of this? how long can they stay in that form? what are the drawbacks? where do their clothes go? i like him as a character but this bird crap irritates me.
but my opinions don’t end at the manhwa. the scanlation team(s) in charge are annoying and irritating, i’ve begun skipping translator’s notes. nobody can just shut up about how much they hate “trashta” and whatever that emperor’s name was. when the first scan team translating the manhwa dropped it since an official english version was out i was thankful that i didn’t have to suffer with their annoying remarks. the disappointment i felt when i continued to see the same childish and unprofessional notes scattered whenever the “garbage” characters were on the screen... honestly, with how earnest they are about their feelings for the bad guys in this low-tier manhwa i was beginning to think that their translations might not be exact or near exact translations. i was afraid that they might be altering the dialogue to get back at “trashta” for being such a bitch or whatever. but then i realized that i don’t care enough about this manhwa to care if the translated dialogue is faithful to its source sooo...
tl;dr: characters suck, worldbuilding sucks, magic sucks, translator notes suck. go somewhere else if you want to read a quality manhwa.
how this was approved to be a manhwa after being conceived as a novel i will never know.

I just finished reading the novel translations that's out so far and I will say a few things.

One, this follows the story of the novel almost EXACTLY. The main thing you miss out on is the in depth emotions properly explained in the novel.

Two, many of you may be frustrated with how long the drama is pulling out between the Navier and the emperor, but it really is showing everything Navier is going through that leads to the divorce.

Three, I'll try not to spoil anything, but the amazing feeling of satisfaction when she remarries and the emperors reaction... ooh I love it and its amazing.

It is VERY heavy on the drama so if thats not your thing then this probably isnt for you.

@ViviY chapter 162 on the novel "The Night Before the Divorce" and chapter 164 "ask for remarriage"

@07Amnesia can you spoil? or tell me which chapter u think she finally leaves cuz ive been jumping from chapters to chapters WAITING FOR HER TO FK LEAVE

This manhwa seems to get longer and longer like wtf this is supposed to be “Remarried Empress” but this is just “love conflicts between nobles and a bitch” like you would expect the prologue to really happen in the first chapter. I’m loosing patience with this manhwa

Oh my god, @NumberNone you're being way too honest there 😂 I also gave up on its cheap setting for a long time. It's only good around the start (like, a few of it). I'm not disappointed that the "remarried" part doesn't get in the spotlight like everyone does, but the plot is, in fact, ludicrous and weird. All characterization problems, interference, half-assed political issues. I hope the author doesn't push herself if she doesn't understand the setting the world she was created in.

Note : my comment holds no value compared to people who read the novel, just don't shoo shoo me for critize it, people.

@NumberNone Everyone enjoys different things, but was it really necessary to criticize the translation team like so? Translators' comments are commonly found in translated manga, and they're taking time from their lives to do this for us. It's unreasonable for you to complain about their hard work, and how on earth did you get to the point of suspecting that the translators are changing the text?? Don't answer that, it was a rhetorical question. It's your freedom to dislike the manhwa, but being so rude to the translator is going overboard. 🙁

@Usery101 notes provided by scanlation teams are used to clarify any misunderstandings a reader may have while consuming the content that the scanlation team provides. they are also used to give insights on any cultural differences from the main source. they are not used to childishly complain about characters they dislike. yes, notes are found often in translated media, but that doesnt mean that its okay for them to be abused like this. it is 100% reasonable for me to complain about something in a piece of media that i took time out of my day to consume, just as it is 100% reasonable for you to have an opinion differing of mine. whether it was hard work or not doesnt matter. you dont call people unreasonable for bashing on a piece of media that was bad just because it had time and effort put into it. i can see how i might be misconstrued as being rude, but i was speaking out of honesty and a raging hatred for the annoying notes. i was only speaking the truth. think of it as if you were watching a movie with a stranger and they kept whispering in your ear about how much they hate a certain character. then maybe you could understand where im coming from.

Numbernone's concern is understandable. I find it unsettling people bitching about certain characters when they have the chance and praise only the good ones, make it antagonize the others. The level of enthusiasm is visible, so I think it's better for people to react with moderation as well. :))

This is the best manhwa I've ever read so far, and I'm dying to read more each chapter, for every update. I connect with this because this is similar to something I'm going through personally, and I know I'll never get that prince charming in my life, but this manhwa makes me happy. The main character's charm of being logical, precise, intelligent, kind, understanding, both beautiful in body and mind-to the rest of the cast-the emperor who thinks selfishly, but does have a sense of responsibility for his reigning kingdom. His lack of understanding and complete contridictory beliefs of love for himself and Navier are absolutely on point with the men I know in real life. As for the antagonist and the main love interest, the antagonist is selfish, just like the Emeror. She's selfish and it takes a different take and perspective as most other manwha's take. The main character coming up from poverty that falls in love with the prince or king or emperor, who had a fiancé, but dumps her because he falls in love with the poor main character. This shows the other side's story, the dumped fiancé, the promised lover, the noble lady that was promised a loving future, to only realize that she was never care for or to never be cared for any further. I love how it shows the perspective that isn't taken into account for. It switches the narrative that the antagonist would have had in a different story. Now, the love interest, hoo boy, you can tell it's a magical manhwa that's why he can shape shift into a bird, and there's even a chapter for the magic school he went to that says that he is a capable mage that can shape shift. He is there for a reason to overthrow the domain Navier is overseeing, but he falls in love with her for she is a wonderful person living a life of misery because her partner neglects and dishes her out. He falls for her because of the kind of person she is, but wanted to get to know her because he saw a person in need of help. He's someone who is kind and caring, he wants to see the best for Navier. And he falls in love with her, which is something every broken hearted, neglected, and cheated on woman ever wants or wanted. To be loved by someone who wants to see someone else's happiness for their own.

Dex-chan lover
So, this is the novel the infamous "Trashta" comes from... I've seen her name in so many comment sections, and now I'll find out why...

Users who are viewing this thread