Renge and Naruto! - Vol. 2 Ch. 9 - Doctor Hayama!

Double-page supporter
I have a feeling "Training Mode" doesn't really fully convey whatever phrase they were actually using. I wonder what a more in-depth translation of what they were saying would mean.
Agreed, that seems like a rough translation to me. I couldn't find the raw either without paying, or I would have checked. Maybe the group leader can supply us with the raw Japanese for that line in particular :^)

Group Leader
I have a feeling "Training Mode" doesn't really fully convey whatever phrase they were actually using. I wonder what a more in-depth translation of what they were saying would mean.
In the raws, she said 修行中なんで!!, which I interpreted as "training mode". The main idea is that she wants to focus on herself or the restaurant.

Dex-chan lover
In the raws, she said 修行中なんで!!, which I interpreted as "training mode". The main idea is that she wants to focus on herself or the restaurant.
Ahh, I see, training mode is probably a quick shorthand for the phrase, but doesn't really for me convey the idea of being single-mindedly dedicated to something without distractions. Like, largely you can train your body, train for a job, etc. while still doing other things in life. It's almost more like the concept of "closed door training" that is throw around in various martial arts stuff esp in Korean/China where you get rid of all distractions. Did the best you can to localize it, but as I figured, there was definitely a little nuance that was lost in translations, as is often the case.

Thanks for the info though, always appreciate when people provide clarity on stuff like that which is hard to convey in short English phrases in a text bubble.

Dex-chan lover
Huh, that took an unexpected turn. A young pretty surgeon who wants to be a mangaka? And she can be dangerously seductive too. She'd be dangerous if she wasn't focused on getting "research" on virgins and instead hunted them down. :meguu:. Good expressions too.

Too bad she couldn't take her own advice lol: "don't get consumed by booze, even if you drink it". I guess her debut will take a minute.

I always knew MC's are limp-wristed soyboys because editors only want limp-wristed soyboys.
Who do you think are buying/reading these manga? Rich gymbros with a healthy social life?

training mode is probably a quick shorthand for the phrase, but doesn't really for me convey the idea of being single-mindedly dedicated to something without distractions.
We don't really have a good phrase for it in English either. The most common way we phrase is it "I'm focusing on my career" or "pursuing my passions". Training mode is pretty close to describing that.

With that note I wonder if that actually put a damper in the ship. Less incentive to chase after someone who says they aren't looking for anyone.

Users who are viewing this thread