Rent-A-Girlfriend

On the same boat stopped reading about 6 months ago ... it seems it still hasn't end , I don't know if it ever will .
I came back cause I remembered the art style, its the only thing that stuck a cord with me in this hellfire.
Artstyle is wasted on that manga. I stopped reading after pool arc, only checking occasionally and nothing changed, MC is still awkward around her bc she is sooooo beautiful and they still cannot talk like adults despite knowing each other more than two years already. Meh.

This anime got me back after like 10 years of not having any anime and I thought alright my boi starting rough but he’ll turn it around then I read the manga…. Bruh it’s 280 chapters later…. I don’t even read the chapters now I just skim every few months ..

lol at chap 190 and i saw someone say no progress after 270chap.

I've already read 190 so might aswell push on through but this shit blows so badly its insane.

MC deserves to just be alone atp.

edit
Read some and skimmed thru the rest, this is not worth reading.

The mc has no character development at all, fmc isn't any better to be honest and the whole manga just feels like a filler.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Sorry can somebody confirm something to me? Have still not had confirmation about what Umi told Chizuru back in 179? Did he confess and got rejected? Has it been confirmed yet?

Sorry can somebody confirm something to me? Have still not had confirmation about what Umi told Chizuru back in 179? Did he confess and got rejected? Has it been confirmed yet?
He did show up at Chizuru’s place and did confess couple of chapters ago. Aaaand that’s mostly it, nothing really happened after. And before.

I read all 292 chapters up to date actually just because I was curios whether can it become any better. And nope, it can not.

Don’t waste your time.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
It started fine.. but like many have said.. this dude has had little to no development. His balls are still inside his throat. It's wild. I'm at that point where I wish the evil twisted asshole of an ex makes a comeback cuz like.. bruh. The only development that was interesting was a few chapters ago with the guy 'friend' that chizuru has and still this dumbass MC hasn't done anything. I'll bet he still doesn't do anything for a while even eith knowing that piece of info from her Male friend.

Fed-Kun's army
This stupid series is still going on This is the full reason why I f****** adults want to f****** sleep but underage women because all you m************ who out here I know your m************ are over f****** the adult age of 18 are out here getting in that feelings about this series because they try to get ideas to f****** find their own real life high school girl they're kidnap. Sick f****** right here Thanks to this damn manga someone in Japan actually try doing this s*** I don't know why this serious not been taken down cuz that's disgusting as f****** this s*** got animated this series is nothing but perverse and pedophiles f*** this series cry about the main character he's a b** all the mother girls are s** and hoes f*** all them

This manga is like a cow milked so dry it looks like a holocaust victim.
It had great setting, great character material to work with, good art. So many opportunities to finish it on a high note and be remembered as a decent manga.
But seems like author and editors were too greedy. Shame. It's the first time I want both MC and FMC to get hit by a truck just to put them out of their misery.
To whoever considers reading it, don't. Believe me, it's not worth it.

I can't even blame the MC anymore, it feels like the FL is just leading him on, and it's literally abuse.

She knows he loves her, and she either ignorantly denies it or maliciously for his money.
I swear it wouldn't even surprise me if, when she finally dumps him, he'll commit suicide. It'll just be a regular course of life and no one will have an issue with it.

Honestly, this manga is the greatest example of why hikikomori exists in Japan.

Quite a crazy switch from mangaka's previous work 'AKB49 - Renai Kinshi Jourei' to this one. While both have great concepts in the beginning, one series managed to reach the story ending with great reception from the community, while one other is being milked to death, and the community, well, has been divined into hardcore fans and hardcore antis.

One things I notice is that with both series, the main story suffers from being dragged for too long with filtered chapters, and character development slows down to a forgettable state. The only saving grace is the art quality, and oh well, I have to admit it's so excellent that a lot of people just throw money at any iilustration containing Chizuru. Maybe there are that many people able to relate to Kazuya and I am the minority. Maybe there is no saving for humanity after all.

Dex-chan lover
This stupid series is still going on This is the full reason why I f****** adults want to f****** sleep but underage women because all you m************ who out here I know your m************ are over f****** the adult age of 18 are out here getting in that feelings about this series because they try to get ideas to f****** find their own real life high school girl they're kidnap. Sick f****** right here Thanks to this damn manga someone in Japan actually try doing this s*** I don't know why this serious not been taken down cuz that's disgusting as f****** this s*** got animated this series is nothing but perverse and pedophiles f*** this series cry about the main character he's a b** all the mother girls are s* and hoes f** all them
Go to a therapist, then take some English classes if the therapy miraculously works out for you.
You sound incredibly unhinged.

There’s a reason why this manga sits at a 6 rating after many years.
It’s almost now becoming a “what NOT to do” dating guide.
Opening 50 chapters, a lot of guys can empathise, but everyone understands, if you don’t jump on it quick, you’ll lose out.
Author has delusions that he is dating Mizuhara on Twitter as well. So I can see how that’s being applied in the manga.
MC has serious delusions, can’t form proper sentences with the girl, bordering creepy, lacks confidence and lets everyone down ( his fake gf, his grandma, his best buddy ), all for a lie.
Has no balls to ask the girl out, but has the balls to rent three or four different ones. Makes no sense.
Buddy, grab the toaster and jump into the tub.

Last edited:
Remember at the party how Umi asked him “ what do you think, I dont like him but I don’t not like him means.” And Chizuru lked Shook. So they just confirmed what was said in the alley with a flash back.

Users who are viewing this thread