Retired Heroes

The flag is wrong cause this cant fucking be a chinese manhua.

This manhua shows that Chinese only need to get out of their over-cliched wuxia fantasy and try something now. It is not something controversial to say that manhua author influenced a lot by manga so in the end it is only the matter of whether or not they want to get out the cliche. Lin Jie, the author, is not afraid of showing his manga influence from the storytelling technique to the fantasy JRPG party premise. I wished Chinese manhua will become more diversified as the authors began to exploring new things, just like their Science-Fiction field in literature.

Silly beast tamer, devil is above manager manager is wrapped around devils finger..and so is boss.

Dex-chan lover
This is one of the few series that I can honestly say makes introductions enjoyable to read.
(Especially how the King nipped the guys attitude early)
The world building was a nice touch

> Uhm, wat's "Chinese (Trad)?"

Traditional. In the 50s and 60s, China (mainland) introduced various reforms to the script in order to simplify characters and reduce their number. This script variant is generally called "simplified" (chinese characters).

Taiwan, Hong Kong and most overseas chinese community (having either predated or opposed the PRC) retained the so-called "traditional" chinese characters.

I love it. I usually avoid Chinese mangas coz of their annoying art(personal opinion) and the drama and excessive showyness but this is really well thought story and the art is very nice. Cant wait for the next one

This is an excellent and well-paced tale about ordinary family life, personal struggles and real danger. Add to that a small but growing compendium of distinct, interesting characters whose exposition comes naturally and is never unwelcome. I'll be waiting impatiently for Mr. Lin to continue it.

Dex-chan lover
Is this series on hiatus? Raw site linked above haven't been updated in some time.

Users who are viewing this thread