Rettoujin no Maken Tsukai: Skill Board wo Kushi Shite Saikyou ni Itaru - Vol. 2 Ch. 17 - End of The Long Day

Aggregator gang
@U235 Not everone has the same standards as people in america 15k dollars is 4 years of my salary yeah I only earn 3502.00 dollars a year if you convert my currency to US dollars.

Dex-chan lover
That last page.

But that's fine, cause this had such a long gap before.

Dex-chan lover
Well, the release schedule is understandable, since they have caught up with the Raws, so they would have to wait until the next one, and this series seems to have a Weekly Raw release currently. but its still better, since majority of current Series are Monthly basis.

TTX

@dextersTomato
I dont like the idea of the whole Harem are battle talent like Esther, home waifu like Marie is a must....
Harem? Manga and Novel don't have a Harem tag (not even Romance)
I only see a Manga/Novel with OP dense MC and Women chasing him

Dex-chan lover
How the hell did he come up with a 1.55 million yen equivalent estimate? $15k is a decent chunk of change to run into but he acts like he's got lottery winnings in terms of quantity. I miss the days when $15k would look like an immeasurable amount of money to me.

Also not gonna lie, I like the guild receptionist more.

@Hell_Satan

Good for you dude, I earn 15k in two months. But who cares about us really. Is mc from your country? No. Is he from mine? No. He is a Japanese salaryman and probably earn around 40-50k. Moreover he is selling some rare crystals (around 15). If you sold a diamond ring to someone, would you be acting like mc because it was worth more than what you expected? Would you be telling the person buying "OMG it's too much money!! Are you sure?" with your eyes getting all confused? Come on, this is a typical reaction from a child who never had a salary in his life and can't conceive the value of 15k, not from someone who gets 40k a year.

btw, where are you from?

@sjmcc13 Well, I used $ only because it's the most known currency. But U.S.A is indeed a third world country when it comes to workers rights.
But even if he earned only 30k a year, a normal adult would not act like that for selling ~15 crystals he was told were rare. Being surprised and happy is one thing, losing it and even telling the receptionist it's too much is overboard. Think about selling a car that is worth 10k and getting 15k for it. Would you be happy? sure. Would you lose it. No. Unless you're 12, and it's the first time you have money. Look at how Esther reacts, That's a normal reaction.

he just got robbed legally. bruhhhh. scarce materials just for 15k dollars? what a f*cking idiot

@kaminomikan I'm pretty sure they do match, unless my conversions are wrong.

1 silver = 100 gard, a vendor said a meat skewer was 1 gard and Toru approximates that to 100 yen
1 gard = 100 yen
1 silver = 10000 yen
155 silver = 1550000 yen = 1.55 million yen

@U235
Interesting look on his reaction, I'll share my thoughts.
Personally, my family's total annual income comes up to $20,000, so 15k really is a LOT. But that's the viewpoint of a person who grew up poor. How about someone who makes 80k annually. He made almost a fifth of their entire annual income in a single day by picking up a few rocks because he thought they looked pretty, AND he is holding all of that money in a single bag which means he isn't looking at numbers but cold hard cash.
In the viewpoint of people from this world, he made over double the cost of annual living expenses in a single day. (5 silvers is one months of living expenses.)

Keep in mind he had no idea about what the value of the things he picked were. It is usually common knowledge that a diamond or a car is VALUABLE. Unlike a rock where you have no knowledge about, found in a cave, and thought it looked pretty, would actually be worth 100,000 yen converted.

Dex-chan lover
No. I did not know that. How were I supposed to, warranting even asking if I knew or not?

Fed-Kun's army
@ U235

I dislike this trope so much. It's like these idiotic protagonists don't value money, even though it's basically their first time earning something in that world (and having their finances in check should be a priority in a totally new world)..
"Wow, so much, isn't that too much? Is that a mistake? I can't take that much!?" Is basically their first reaction every time.

If these protagonists had any brain, A) they wouldn't sell to the 1st place they get an offer from, they would ask at least from 2 places, to get a some understanding on the market price. B) Experienced merchant won't ever give their best offer on the first time. There's always room to negotiate, especially if it's about a big purchase/sell

Aggregator gang
@U235 You do now that not everyone in japan earns 40-50k example animator and manga artist their payed dirt cheap and also those working in black company.

Users who are viewing this thread