Rettoujin no Maken Tsukai: Skill Board wo Kushi Shite Saikyou ni Itaru - Vol. 6 Ch. 85

Group Leader
but considering the arrow was still mostly fully formed when she looked over at it, and was dissipating as she stared at it, it seems obvious to me that it was in fact just shot right during the activation (which is why her clothing was being stripped from her, as a form of magic-channelling backlash/4th wall reader fanservice) and interrupted the spell between the initiation of the cast and the completion that would have caused it to take effect, disrupting the spell at the worst possible time for Luka.
While i was wondering about the dissipating part, it clear it wasn't shot recently since there was flashback moment of when it was shot.

maybe remnants of the arrow, and only dissipate after it got into contact with something magical [aka activated spell?]

Double-page supporter
Hey its back and lol was it really necessary that she was naked besides the cloak

Dex-chan lover
She definitely had clothing before she tried earthquaking the wall. This is the most baffling fanservice. I'm too confused to be aroused.
The spell was so powerful it tore her clothes to shreds when she activated it. You can see the fraying in those same panels accompanied by crackle sfx (although it might make more sense as tearing/ripping). I can understand how you might have missed those small details since those small panels were accompanied by a large spread of her "frontal assault" in the same page.

Group Leader
Monty python resolution and free nudity, dayum!

I also forgot the plot, I thought Luka was possessed, not evil from the start (but there's still a chance for her to join the party after all dat right?).

Dex-chan lover
Alright, alright, Goddess of Fate or whatever, but this is really stretching my suspension of disbelief.

Dex-chan lover
This was a very cultured chapter. So was her spell's effect to make her an exhibitionist and get us aroused? :huh:
mwDYVdx.png

Glorious boobas.:korone:

BUT SERIOUSLY...

HOW THE HELL DID HE JUST NOSCOPE THAT CIRCLE WITHOUT EVEN KNOWING IT EXISTS.

Dex-chan lover
The spell was so powerful it tore her clothes to shreds when she activated it. You can see the fraying in those same panels accompanied by crackle sfx (although it might make more sense as tearing/ripping). I can understand how you might have missed those small details since those small panels were accompanied by a large spread of her "frontal assault" in the same page.
But it didn't destroy her cape or stockings. Or damage her skin. Even if that's the explanation, it's a silly one. Author just wanted to draw cheeks.

Dex-chan lover
OK it's been a while since I read this. Instead of going back to reread the whole managa to figure out his skills, maybe someone remembers/knows, did he grab something to give him some OP BS Super Luck skill to make things always go his way or something?

Dex-chan lover
This was so much BS that the author had to make her naked to make it at least a bit bearable... lol

Dex-chan lover
Since it's been a while since this has updated, people might need a reminder.

Luka, is currently possessed by an entity calling themselves Amy (Ch 76), when this happened is currently unclear. When she was obliquely introduced, the Possessed Assistant Guild Master noted that they had changed bodies (Ch 37 p12). So, Amy could have been prepping this spell using other bodies, for years, before possessing Luka.

Considering that it took years for Amy, to write the spell on the City Walls, it's not a simple matter to just do a precheck now. It's a last resort, that could still backfire. Trying to do that while the Guild is after her, would take literal hours.

And Tohru, is essentially isekaied to be the Apostle of the Goddess of Fate/Plot Armor. So, the Goddess could essentially make anything a heavy handed coincidence. The Goddess could have noticed the spell, and had Tohru assigned a room where that arrow was guaranteed to disrupt the spell, or she could have directed the arrow itself. But, if you disregard direct divine interference, people are ignoring the fact that the sword/arrow itself has weird properties. It went through walls like nothing, it ignores normal humans. So it's essentially a laser beam, until it hits something with specific qualities. So, it's less that the arrow was specifically shot at the spell, it's that the arrow itself can't be stopped /except/ by the spell, and/or specific entities. So he could have shot the arrow from /anywhere/ inside Finris, and it would inevitably interrupt the spell.

Dex-chan lover
While i was wondering about the dissipating part, it clear it wasn't shot recently since there was flashback moment of when it was shot.

maybe remnants of the arrow, and only dissipate after it got into contact with something magical [aka activated spell?]
That didn't look like flashback, it looked like "this just happened elsewhere" cutaway to me.

Users who are viewing this thread