Rifle Is Beautiful - Vol. 4 Ch. 80 - So this is the person we can rely on?!

Dex-chan lover
So wait, it's really serious that they will switch competition ? I don't even understand . I understand that it will be boring to keep for that much longer with the same rifle but the fact that they switch after one major loss still make me think that, at least Hikari don't have enough will. Understand my point of view, Hikari was bad at training but surpringly good during competition and was really performing but as soon as she fail once in competition, she basically said "fuck it, let's switch weapons.", i mean, who said that you gonna be better at air rifle ? That any of them will be better ? I know there is little room left in beam rifle but come on, that feel really like giving up at the first problem.

Dex-chan lover
Previous chapter now makes more sense.
"Since when did you have the illusion that I would be teaching all of you?" confused me. I was wondering what the teacher's point was, if she wasn't going to help.

It would've been much clearer if instead she had said:
"Since when did you have the illusion that the one teaching you would be me?" because then it's clear the teacher knows someone who can help.

@Lilliwyt - That's not it. Beam rifles with strobing lasers are not used in actual Olympic events, its all air rifles or actual bullets. It's only a thing in Japan due to high costs and very strict firearm control laws, especially for minors, so beam rifles competitions are a popular alternative. In the US, such things would only be used as training weapons and not in the events. Switching to air rifle means they could actually get serious and try to qualify for the Olympics.

Dex-chan lover
@Romariel So, why didn't they do Air Rifle from the beginning since Hikari wanting to go to the Olympics is not exactly something new ? Seem rather strange she'd go from Beam fully knowning she can't do what she dream of. Because she clearly asked if she can participate in the Olympics before saying she wanted to switch.

Group Leader
@Lilliwyt and @Romariel Beam rifling was actually planned as an exhibition sport in the Tokyo 2020 Olympics iirc. I remember seeing on an official website introducing beam rifling, so it is a legitimate sport.

Users who are viewing this thread