Risou no Himo Seikatsu - Vol. 13 Ch. 55 - Pursuing the Ideal

Dex-chan lover
so they plan to divert their attention with Zenkichi, Zenjirou's an Aura's son, which also has the blood of both the Capua and Twin Kingdoms bloodlines, making him a potential holder of at least two bloodline magics, one of them their own. This is a problem by itself and while the nobles are occupied with him, the Unification faction will make their move.
Zenjirou's son being brought up is just by implication. His son won't be in actual danger, but be seen as a comparison point.
Their Royal Family: "Look! Another country has a child with 2 bloodline magics and HE'S eligible for the throne. What happens when he becomes ruler? Are we really going to have our country's next ruler just be a person with only one bloodline magic when we could have Prince Francesco?"

Actually, I think it's worse than that.

Since the plan started with the timing of Francesco being in Capua...I think they're trying to imply Zenkichi is Francesco's son with Aura to fool the nobles who's not aware of Zenjiro's ancestry.

After all, that's how Francesco came to be...

EDIT: Maybe not Zenkichi, but rather the 2nd child, since Francesco arrive after Zenkichi was born.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Actually, I think it's worse than that.

Since the plan started with the timing of Francesco being in Capua...I think they're trying to imply Zenkichi is Francesco's son with Aura to fool the nobles who's not aware of Zenjiro's ancestry.

After all, that's how Francesco came to be...

That would be suicidal on a national scale. Putting into question a royal's ascendancy is NOT something to be claimed lightly, not even implied. And on this case not only is a foreign royal family, but everybody and their pet rock knows that both Aura and Zenjirou have only eyes for each other, so such accusation would not only end nowhere but also very badly (they'd be literally insulting a foreign Head of State, that's extremely serious).

Dex-chan lover
That would be suicidal on a national scale. Putting into question a royal's ascendancy is NOT something to be claimed lightly, not even implied. And on this case not only is a foreign royal family, but everybody and their pet rock knows that both Aura and Zenjirou have only eyes for each other, so such accusation would not only end nowhere but also very badly (they'd be literally insulting a foreign Head of State, that's extremely serious).

The thing is the king/prince doesn't have to say anything 'wrong', they just need to line up enough things that the nobles themselves think that way. They don't need the nobles to do anything rash, they just need them distracted/accept Francesco position.

This chapter has shown the king/prince are very much capable of causing such misunderstandings.
Like when they almost certainly expect Largo's objection on the timing AND how it might look to the other nobles.
https://mangadex.org/chapter/e5168d91-739a-4cca-a974-886c532d6d1f/22
https://mangadex.org/chapter/e5168d91-739a-4cca-a974-886c532d6d1f/23

As for the Aura and Zenjirou only loving each other, that stance has weaken after Zenjirou accepted Freya.

That said, while going back through the chapters looking for some details, I found this
https://mangadex.org/chapter/96420418-2e00-4e10-830c-c45dc9888868/19
https://mangadex.org/chapter/96420418-2e00-4e10-830c-c45dc9888868/20
https://mangadex.org/chapter/96420418-2e00-4e10-830c-c45dc9888868/21

So seems like this conspiracy has been planned for a while at least.

EDIT: Found more:
https://mangadex.org/chapter/c0d3a310-03f3-4f2b-ad3a-2e75307bb49c/14

https://mangadex.org/chapter/17d1e990-777d-4f65-878b-576612364821/14
https://mangadex.org/chapter/17d1e990-777d-4f65-878b-576612364821/15

https://mangadex.org/chapter/17d1e990-777d-4f65-878b-576612364821/18
https://mangadex.org/chapter/17d1e990-777d-4f65-878b-576612364821/19

But Francesco seem to have his own scheme going too.

Last edited:
Contributor
If they weren't trying to imply that Francesco was the father, then there would be no point in bringing up the timing in the first place.

Also, very few people have actually spent time with Aura and Zenjirou and seen first-hand how close they are. With politics and royalty being the way they are in this story, most of the nobles would probably assume they just have a political marraige and sleep around on the regular, as that's what all the rest of them seem to do.

Dex-chan lover
Now we're getting another point of view of the story... Still can't completely trust this guy
that's kinda the point of royals can't trust any of em really trully that's also why aura didn't do the marridge pledge at the start of the series

Dex-chan lover
The thing is the king/prince doesn't have to say anything 'wrong', they just need to line up enough things that the nobles themselves think that way. They don't need the nobles to do anything rash, they just need them distracted/accept Francesco position.

This chapter has shown the king/prince are very much capable of causing such misunderstandings.
Yeah, I stand corrected. Still neither Aura nor Zenjiro are blind to these things, they would know something's afoot even without Largo spilling the beans. But if they only realise when everything went off, it's no use.
As for the Aura and Zenjirou only loving each other, that stance has weaken after Zenjirou accepted Freya.
I know what you mean, Freya was a blunder in that department. However there's a difference: nobody expected Zenjiro to not take a concubine, but Aura is a different matter. Double standard, I know, but it was mentioned several times before it's a thing in there.
So seems like this conspiracy has been planned for a while at least.
Largo mentioned the king and Giuseppe were playing the long game on this, so that's a given. It was Zenkichi that precipitated things which took Largo by surprise. They probably realised that Zenjirou was a descendant of the Twin Kingdoms' princess who eloped when they knew he's summoned and started planning then.
But Francesco seem to have his own scheme going too.
That's the wildest card of the game. I'm not entirely sure what he wants, but I guess he's not that on-board with the whole unification thing if that means he's going to be put on the throne and wants to keep doing whatever he pleases.

Dex-chan lover
I know what you mean, Freya was a blunder in that department. However there's a difference: nobody expected Zenjiro to not take a concubine, but Aura is a different matter. Double standard, I know, but it was mentioned several times before it's a thing in there.
Nah, not a blunder at all. It was a calculated risk, and the one doing the calculating was Aura herself.

The thing is that the political ties and trade deals that having Zenjirou marry Freya will bring to her country are almost incalculable. And it all starts with the ships. Freya's people have shipwright technology that she wants for their merchants and navy. This is a serious matter for their country because it enables them to project their power and influence more effectively.

In return, Freya's people need more sources of lumber as it is critically important not only for building ships, but just for keeping her people alive - they need it as fuel for keeping warm during the long and harsh winters her country experiences. It will also allow her people to build more of those big ships that Aura is interested in.

And if they're gonna follow through on these trade deals? Then both countries are gonna need them. Both as merchants and as naval forces.

Normally, you don't see two powerful nations building an alliance. Usually, they're direct competitors for one reason or another - like how things were between the USA and the USSR for decades after WWII. But instead? The interests of these two nations don't overlap - instead, they dovetail with each other.

Freya's people have the capability that Aura needs. And Aura's people have the raw materials Freya needs. It's a perfect scenario for building a strong alliance between two powerful nations. Having Freya marry Zenjirou helps solidify that alliance and makes it more difficult for one party to stab the other in the back.

The maraschino cherry on top is that Aura and Freya are of similar mindsets and get along well with each other. There was some initial friction over Zenjirou... And there still may be. Aura is genuinely in love with Zenjirou, and he with her. But Freya is smart enough to know that she's basically an interloper in this relationship, and is playing her cards with that in mind. She won't cause any undue hardship for them because this is an opportunity for both her and her people that she cannot pass up.

Aura, Freya, and Zenjirou all knew what the risks were. And one of those was that the Royal Families of the Twin Kingdoms would redouble their efforts to profit off of the situation, because now it would be known that Aura and Zenjirou are open to the idea of concubines or subordinate wives. And, unfortunately, the Royal Families of the Twin Kingdoms already have their foot in the door with the issue of Zenjirou's ancestry.

It may seem that the Twin Kingdoms has Aura and Zenjirou over the barrel, but you're forgetting one thing: The magical jewels the Twin Kingdoms use to massively hasten the construction of magical devices...

...jewels that are commonly known to us as "marbles".

If Aura's people figure out how to effectively mass produce these, then instead of having the Twin Kingdoms have an edge over them, they will instead have an edge over the Twin Kingdoms because Aura can directly control who they sell marbles to and in what quantities.

This won't entirely eliminate issues of meddling from the Twin Kingdoms, but it will equalize the political power between them.

Double-page supporter
Oh my, the so complicated royal politics involving a near newborn baby. Sigh.

Dex-chan lover
Ok, I'm aware that this manga used names based on places and general culture of Spain and other countries based on its language. It's ok, it's cool, I'm also a spanish speaking guy (It's my native tongue). But...

MENTECATO? Seriously? I can't help but let out a chuckle. That is making my day so far.
I am not a spanish speaking guy so I humbly ask, what i the deal with the name Mentecato ?

Dex-chan lover
Still neither Aura nor Zenjiro are blind to these things,
Excuse me, Aura is probably savvy enough but Zenjiro is learning to swim on the deep end all along this story, due is totally blind and learning the wall positions as he runs along.

I am not a spanish speaking guy so I humbly ask, what i the deal with the name Mentecato ?
Not a spanish speaker either, but I am a portuguese speaker, and thus it reminds me a bit of the old word "metecapto"... probably is the same but ours was phased out?
Anyways, it is an old word that would be translated into... something like "cloudcucckoolander" I guess.

Yet Google Translator tells me the portuguese word means "fool" and the spanish one means "goofy"?

Dex-chan lover
If they weren't trying to imply that Francesco was the father, then there would be no point in bringing up the timing in the first place.

Also, very few people have actually spent time with Aura and Zenjirou and seen first-hand how close they are. With politics and royalty being the way they are in this story, most of the nobles would probably assume they just have a political marraige and sleep around on the regular, as that's what all the rest of them seem to do.
Or they want to go "hey look, he's of their kingdom and ours, why can't we have a ruler that is of both of our royalties, instead, just like him?", which seems much more in line with their intent.

Dex-chan lover
I'm not entirely sure what he wants, but I guess he's not that on-board with the whole unification thing if that means he's going to be put on the throne and wants to keep doing whatever he pleases.
Considering that Francesco directed him to his uncle that wants to stop it? Definitely.

Fed-Kun's army
My man just need to make a nuke so everyone can shut their asses.
Like the "rods of god" in real life could work by making a metal that can withstand a great amount of heat and teleporting yourself way up in the sky and dropping it on the target and it will cause explosions near that level. I know it is pretty much impossible to create nuke size explosions but i think it's possible to creat fairly bug explosions

Fed-Kun's army
There's too much political intrigue. I just wanted a slow life with cute and sexy waifus. ;-;
I say this knowing full well I won't stop reading it. xD
I was here for just because of the erotica tag

Users who are viewing this thread