Risou no Himo Seikatsu - Vol. 17 Ch. 69 - Change

Dex-chan lover
The general is a massive downside to this. Why keep allowing all his ambition when it's clearly getting in the way of mc an aura.

Dex-chan lover
The general is a massive downside to this. Why keep allowing all his ambition when it's clearly getting in the way of mc an aura.
Firstly he may be ambitious but from what we can deduct he is also massively competent, secondly being ambitious is not a crime, you can't get rid of everyone with a bit of greed from the political landscape or you'll end up with no one left, thirdly he is already pretty powerful so even if they wanted to they can't root him out without a solid reason and not risk a civil war

Call me World Building!
giphy.gif

Dex-chan lover
Firstly he may be ambitious but from what we can deduct he is also massively competent, secondly being ambitious is not a crime, you can't get rid of everyone with a bit of greed from the political landscape or you'll end up with no one left, thirdly he is already pretty powerful so even if they wanted to they can't root him out without a solid reason and not risk a civil war
I would say that being ambitious on it's own is neither good nor bad, unless you pair it with phrases/thinking along the lines of: "for the greater good" & "acceptable sacrifices", then you're potentially heading into the bad (or very bad) territory.

Honestly I'm not really worried about him, at least his ambitions are obvious so it won't come out of nowhere. And the Twin Kingdoms Royals were just discussing a possible invasion from the Northern Continent so having a powerful military will be beneficial.

Dex-chan lover
The way the audience talks makes it seem as if no one knew who was going to be appointed, which seems kind of weird. But I understand it's a shortcut for the story to not have to include that commentary in a different scene.

"Even with this many people, he doesn't even look a little nervous."
Most people with any experience in front of a crowd won't look nervous. And it's not that many anyway. It's more about how many important and powerful people there are, but considering his position, he should be used to that by now.

Ambition, to a degree, is good. But when it starts to overwhelm other things it can get out of hand.

He's got a point, though. And it's better to be prepared in case something does go wrong or become difficult.

Sure, forgot. But to be fair, it is his job to ensure the strength of the army.

Changing the leader doesn't affect the running on the ground level much, unless said leader introduces drastic changes or something major happens. But the leadership and personnel structure below the top leader should be enough to handle the vast majority of issues.

That suit looks rather modern.

Yeah, he's been sticking his fingers into too many pies to even pretend he's just a moocher.

Charcoal isn't particularly small, but it is relatively lightweight, so it's definitely better to burn it before transporting.

Nice to see he has some modern sensibilities. And it really took people quite a while to learn that lesson. And multiple tries.

"I hope my existence isn't affecting the world too much."
So how 'bout them marbles and spreading magic tools all over?

And the Twin Kingdoms Royals were just discussing a possible invasion from the Northern Continent so having a powerful military will be beneficial.
But they don't know that yet. If they did, they'd probably be more accepting of his ambitions, since they are in the right direction for that.

Users who are viewing this thread