Risou no Himo Seikatsu - Vol. 17 Ch. 69 - Change

Dex-chan lover
I’m of the exact opposite opinion; I don’t understand why they’re so consistently nervous of him. He’s ambitious, sure, but that’s no crime in either a noble or a military man, and given that he’s now reached the pinnacle of his ambition — the only way to improve on being Marshal is to join the royal family, which he can’t do — what’s the problem?

He’s never shown a hint of disloyalty. On the contrary, during that business with the forbidden hallway, he absolutely went to the mat for Zenjirou, refusing to let insults to his liege lord stand unanswered even as Zenjirou himself was trying to downplay them.

So yeah, he’s a big scary dude who wants to do well. And given that he’s on their side, that’s a good thing to have.
I do want to point out that the hallway incident where he defend Zenjirou is EXACTLY the type of shit they worry about. He wasn’t defending Zenjirou for his honor, but to take political hostage. Its a theme that his constant want for more, his ambitions so to speak, may cause more problems than answers. For example, causing resentment with a neighboring country you were at war with just recently, but his new wife has been able to properly navigating him now.

This leads to their worry because as they mentioned, it would be fine if she was just making sure he doesn’t do anything excessive, but its not like he is any less ambitious. So if she keeps on helping him with his ambitions, there is reasons to be of concern for. He really won’t cause a revolution or anything extreme like that because he wants the kingdom with teleportation magic. That is to say, he has no intentions of letting the royal family die. But it is in his interest to strip them of power to become a puppet position as he becomes the true ruler of the kingdom. Which is of course a huge concern for the royal family, cause they don’t want to be puppets.

Dex-chan lover
I do want to point out that the hallway incident where he defend Zenjirou is EXACTLY the type of shit they worry about. He wasn’t defending Zenjirou for his honor, but to take political hostage. Its a theme that his constant want for more, his ambitions so to speak, may cause more problems than answers. For example, causing resentment with a neighboring country you were at war with just recently, but his new wife has been able to properly navigating him now.

This leads to their worry because as they mentioned, it would be fine if she was just making sure he doesn’t do anything excessive, but its not like he is any less ambitious. So if she keeps on helping him with his ambitions, there is reasons to be of concern for. He really won’t cause a revolution or anything extreme like that because he wants the kingdom with teleportation magic. That is to say, he has no intentions of letting the royal family die. But it is in his interest to strip them of power to become a puppet position as he becomes the true ruler of the kingdom. Which is of course a huge concern for the royal family, cause they don’t want to be puppets.
I mean, I guess? But so far he’s done nothing but act in their interests as he sees them. The military guy you put in charge of the military wants a strong military, what a terrible shock.

He’s doing his job, he’ll get better at it over time and with his wife’s guidance, and he’s one power player of four. If the other three can’t keep him in check, they deserve to be puppets. But they can. I see a functioning government.

Fed-Kun's army
Love that image. No idea where it is from, but looks like it'd for perfectly in an SNES or N64 era game. I do think it is too high in fidelity for that though.
Dont know! Search on https://giphy.com/ for world and after some scrolling you gonna find it.
giphy.gif

Power Uploader
I mean, I guess? But so far he’s done nothing but act in their interests as he sees them. The military guy you put in charge of the military wants a strong military, what a terrible shock.

He’s doing his job, he’ll get better at it over time and with his wife’s guidance, and he’s one power player of four. If the other three can’t keep him in check, they deserve to be puppets. But they can. I see a functioning government.
Corrections: He acts in others' interest in such a way that benefits HIM in the end.
-During the hallway incident, he defended Zenjirou with the intention to one-up the Navare kingdom.
-When Zenjirou wanted to go to the Twin Kingdoms, he himself suggested a near-foolproof plan that let Zenjirou go immediately. The result? Winning Zenjirou's favor and self-nominate to be Marshal (Which he successfully achieved).
-His decree was for-the-country-in-names, as Aura pointed out that his "excuse" was perfect. So he stands to benefit the most in the end while showing off as a good guy.

Dex-chan lover
Firstly he may be ambitious but from what we can deduct he is also massively competent, secondly being ambitious is not a crime, you can't get rid of everyone with a bit of greed from the political landscape or you'll end up with no one left, thirdly he is already pretty powerful so even if they wanted to they can't root him out without a solid reason and not risk a civil war
He could have an... accident and his body never be found.... teleportation can be very useful in removing evidence like bodies...

Dex-chan lover

The fact that he’s not actually doing anything bad is exactly why he can stay in power. And people keeping an eye on him is their way to keep him in check. Thats sort of the point, nothing is actually being done to him but they need to keep an eye on him in case he does. You don’t ever want to be reactive in these type of things.

Double-page supporter
It's not like they can't get tree seeds anyway, they don't exactly strip-search diplomats before they leave...
Yes. But if they ever found out trees that are native to Capua kingdom in Twin Kingdoms, the latter would be in a political predicament, having to pay massive damages etc.

It's not really worth it, especially when their climate alone may make it a waste of said risk.

Dex-chan lover
Noice.

Puyol like a little boy that just received his bucket of toy soldiers lol. "In times of peace, prepare for war" is a wise decision though, but obviously it's easier to say like with how things are going in the series.

And aside from the plants possibly becoming invasive, Zenjirou's correct about not strengthening the other kingdom too much without benefit for themselves.

But more importantly, do you have enough personnel Duke Bilbo?

Dex-chan lover
He is kinda late to realise that danger that the technology and knowledge he possesses can bring into this world uh, but at least he did notice it. He already introduced glasswork and the compass, two VERY big technological changes, specially in addition to magic tool making, and im not mentioning his PC or the AC cause those are supposed to be a secret, and remain in the inner palace.
Lets hope they build into this, instead of just forgetting it ever happened.

Users who are viewing this thread