Ryuu Kusari no Ori - Vol. 1 Ch. 1

@yellanha
No she didn't let him kiss since she apparently couldn't forget the MC. So yeah, they dated fo two years without even kissing

Dex-chan lover
getting some "Wazu" Vibes in here. could turn out interesting.

Fed-Kun's army
Ah, a good background story to begin with, I'm hooked!

And btw, the japanese text in the last page says that the next chapter will be available on March 5, I don't think I can wait it for that long

Dex-chan lover
I really don’t like the font used here. Especially the one used in the square text boxes.

Group Leader
The font choice is just terrible. Those aren't fonts meant for reading, they're meant for viewing. Titles, sfx, those. Not long text.

Double-page supporter
I seriously hate this kind of writing. Just because the author want to make MC feel betrayed, he use a filmsy excuse for painting his lover as a bad guy. She broke up with him because some random person spread a rumour that he's cheating, really? Was that the best reason the author can think of? Worst yet, she didnt't even try to listen to his side of the story. If they had zero trust toward each other, why were they dating in the first place? I feel like the author was to desperate to set the tone of the story and just wrote whatever came out in his mind. That's seriously lazy, IMO.

And I have lost count of how many 'girl betrayed guy' stories have been out there already. What's wrong with Japan? It's as if those authors had trauma from their real life's relationship and tried to vent it out in their fictional stories. Ironically, this kind of settings always leads to MC having his own harem and I'm pretty sure this also will be the same.

@ohms From the way the pages are ordered, it sounds more like the rumor started spreading after she broke up with him. She was probably fed up with his lack of talent, though that's still a terrible reason to break up with someone.
I have a feeling that she was actually the one cheating on him, and she just wanted out, so after she left him she started to spread the rumor so she had an excuse.

@ohms

Probably to make it feel relatable to people who failed similarly to the MC

I experienced something similar to mc before.

Fed-Kun's army
God this is just fucking sad. Genuinely got a couple knots in my stomach. Never been in a situation like that, but that's gotta fucking hurt. I typically don't root for MCs with sob stories but jeez this one is just too relatable. And the fact that he doesn't have a revenge boner at the start makes it better. I just want him to live his best life.

God damn. So relatable that i become a loser, and read some manga like this just like open my pain again jeez.

Fed-Kun's army
Realistically Speaking. Why are you at a school you have no acclamation for, to live a life you have no taste for.

I know what'll happen later, I read the description, but be honest. Why are you here?

@ohms Can't say I disagree. That said, the first chapter is fine, that or I'm just numb at this point, it's the following chapters I'm afraid of. Who knows what cringe fest lies behind the story's reasons for the events of Chapter 1.

well that's highschool sweetheart for you. hope he find someone new. someone that doesn't believe some shitty rumour without proof

the art is nice.
the narration is too much thou. i guess it's just the first chapter. let's see how it goes

Users who are viewing this thread